Saturday, June 5, 2010

Garden Art

Hi all!  Last weekend we improved a bed in our garden to tie it in with the rest of the yard.  this morning i was up at 6:00 am and in the garden by 6:30 - planting, planting, planting!  Here's a pic of the existing gardens.  They are mostly perennials, which I love because they just come back year after year.  I always fill in the borders and gaps with annuals for some bright color.


Now, the other side of the shed has a complimentary garden and it's all planted up with lots more perennials, plus some annuals as well.

 Also, this year we have our first vegetable garden!  It's doing SO well!  We have sunflowers, tomatoes (beefsteak and grape), zucchini, summer squash, sugar snap peas, green beans, arugula, mesclun greens, rosemary, basil, oregano and sage.


And what would a garden be without a few guardians to keep watch:



Tomorrow I'm headed to a friend's house for a Stampin' Up! party.  My good friend Connie is a SU demonstrator and always creates such beautiful projects for us!  Looking forward to seeing my gang of friends.  

Hope you enjoy the weekend and take time to do something FUN!

~ ellen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

testing.

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet Ms. Ellen and that's why I love you so much....I had a good time at Rosemary's and I so enjoyed spending time with my friends.
Love your blog...and love you too.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! The gardens look beautiful, El!!! Nice work!!! :)

Candybonita said...

Love these pics!!!