Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sunday Stamper - I'm "Back"

Hello again!

Sorry I've been out of touch all week - I had big plans to participate in lots of on-line technique groups this week, but alas, I threw my back out and have been on the sofa with the heating pad as my trusted companion since last Sunday night.  I am SOOO glad to be feeling better, and was able to finish my project for LAST week's Sunday Stamper.... lucky for me the project I finished fits this week's theme - METAL - too.  (phew!)

I seem to have tunnel vision for the whole 10:36 art "thing" - I suppose it's because I'm so excited to finally have a way to share my work with any and all who care to see - and I actually have a NAME for "my art" that is just so, well, (or as Hels would say "erm"), ME!    Bare with me.... I will branch out into other things eventually...

I wanted to do a wall-hanging, Wendy Vecchi style, and this certainly fits that description.  Once it was done I realized that I incorporated items from almost every Ranger designer (sorry, Suze, I didn't fit Melt Art / UTEE in this time --- hmmmm goal to work on that soon....).  BUT - this project has products from Tim Holtz (grungeboard, grungepaper, idea-ology, flourish stamp, sizzix die and on-the-edge die, alcohol ink to color the hanging crystals from Maya Road, rock candy distress stickles on the flowers), Claudine Hellmuth STUDIO paint (used to paint the 10:36 art, and used to stamp the TH flourish), and even though Wendy isn't TECHNICALLY a Ranger designer - she's a Ranger demonstrator - AND she was at the highly coveted Ranger U this weekend (I swear one day I will get myself together and APPLY because I SOOOO want to have that experience) - anyway - the flowers and leaves are by Wendy Vecchi - LOVE her.... I'm really "tickled" with how it came out!  I believe all (or very close to all) products used are available from eclectic Paperie.


I won't be posting for a couple weeks - because Jack and I are leaving on Wednesday morning to go to Denver to see my brother and his family!  I can't wait to spoil my two nieces - don't get enough chances to do that in person.  Then we'll be heading to our camper for 4th of July weekend.  By the time I get back I'll be in a creative frenzy and very ready to start creating!

If any of you are interested in exploring the world of sticky-back canvas --- great opportunity --- I've signed up for Claudine Hellmuth's 12-week online class, called "@ Home with Claudine Hellmuth" - see the badge on my sidebar if you're interested - there is still time to sign up!  There's a great sneak peek video on Claudine's blog that shows many of the techniques we'll be learning!  There's also an interview between Claudine and BigPictureScrapbooking (they are sponsoring the class) on her blog.  The first class is on July 1 - can't wait!

I'll definitely be sharing the techniques I learn in Claudine's class - I've been wanting to play with her paints and canvas for a long time - excited to get started!

Be well, hope you all are enjoying the summer - don't forget to take time to do something creative!

~ ellen.

4 comments:

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Ooh absolutely fabulous work of art, just love it all :-)
Anne xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Wow Ellen, this is STUNNING... hoping you are over the worst of the backpain hunny, I suffer too so you have my every sympathy...thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper... and have a fab time in Denver x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Wonderful piece of art, love all the embellishments, fab. Hope the back pain eases soon. Have a good time in Denver. Tracy Evans x x

Connie said...

LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!! What a great job and love all the embellishments. Talk soon.