Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sunday Stamper - My First Entry

Happy Saturday!

Ever have one of those Saturdays that, despite how convinced you are on Monday thru Friday that you could literally sleep all day, your brain starts firing at an insanely early hour on the weekend?!?  Yes, that's me today.  It's now 5:06 am and I've been up since 4:30, made coffee, did some dishes, and now I'm ready to CREATE!


I've been following Hels Sheridan in the U.K. for several months now, thanks to Wendy Vecchi for posting a link to her blog!!!  Hels runs a weekly challenge called The Sunday Stamper.  I've been watching on the sidelines for long enough and I'm ready to post my first entry.  This week's theme is LETTERS.  Just so happens I made a tag last weekend that fits the bill perfectly!

Since I just started this blog, I wanted to do a tag that would represent my endeavor to share my projects in a more public arena.  I've had the large medallion stamp from Stampin' Up for quite a while  and wanted to incorporate that into the tag.   (Major goal - make it my business to use every stamp I've had for a long time but have never used!)

I started with the large medallion stamp - stamped it in white pigment ink and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  Then I used my ink blending tools to add several colors of distress ink on the tag background - the area that was embossed resists the distress ink - love this technique.  Once you're happy with the color in the background, just spritz a paper towel with a little water and gently wipe the ink from the embossed area - works like a charm.  Added some script in aged mahogany DI (distress ink) to add some interest to the background.

Now, the fact that the clock fit perfectly into the center of the medallion made it one of those easy "meant to be" choices.  I love those!  (Note the clock is set to 10:36!)



Then, since I wanted to "represent" - I added some grungeboard letters in my initials that I painted with a thick coat of brushed pewter distress crackle paint.  I let these dry overnight and then added them to the tag with glossy accents.



Then added the memo pin with the SOAR tag (both from TH idea-ology) - let's hope the blog really takes off ("soars")- I can't imagine a huge number of people wanting to check in with me regularly, but I've seen many other people say the same thing - and somehow, through that "I told two friends, and they told two friends, and so on... and so on..." phenomenon --- it spreads!  You never know...

Hope you all enjoy the weekend!  Thanks for stopping by - I'm off to the studio to play!

~ ellen.

1 comment:

Hels Sheridan said...

Well, it is lovely to meet you Ellen and THANK YOU for joining in with the Challenge..hope to see you again soon - there is a special one running this week :O)) Love your TAG!!! x