Saturday, July 24, 2010

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge (CCC) - Week 6

Hey everyone!

Well I finally got one of the CCC projects done ON TIME.  And I've got another one done ahead of time, waiting for the week it will show up on the challenge.  This week's theme is multi medium collage.  If you're interested in this technique, turn to page 66 of Tim's Compendium of Curiosities book (available HERE).  To see all the wonderful projects using this technique, check out Linda's blog HERE.


The grungeboard butterflies were done in the multi medium collage style (see book) and then I coated them with a thick coat of clear crackle paint.  I got too excited to see the crackle effect and used a heat tool to dry - so the orange butterfly has a big bubble on it... (actually it sort of looks like a wart - eewww).

Here's a close up of the butterfly - I love the "Create" word stick - found this (and others) at Michael's in the jewelry section.


And here's a close up of the sentiment.  I used Tim's ornate plate and Wendy's ART stamp.


I'll be working on the final touches of my @ Home with Claudine projects for this week so I'll have them posted by tomorrow for sure.

Hope you all are having a good weekend (it's going to be blistering hot here - supposed to be over 100 degrees today - that's about 37 degrees for you folks on the Celcius scale - just learned that yesterday....).

Looking forward to seeing some CHA posts from all our fav designers - the madness starts tomorrow!  Get your wallets out... there's some incredible stuff coming out!  Wish I could be there to see it!

Be good - stay cool!

~ ellen

2 comments:

Lori said...

Love this Ellen! That background is spectacular, as is the warty butterfly, lol! Love how Wendy's stamp fits in that bookplate, note to self... lol

Wanda H said...

Beautiful!! Love that butterfly!!!