Monday, July 26, 2010

King of the Road

Hi everyone,

I'm so excited about this week's theme over on Linda's Compendium of Curiosities Challenge (CCC).  It's called tinted vision fragments.  I found this picture of my Dad several years ago and have been waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it in a project - THIS IS IT!  The picture is so telling of the time it was taken and just SCREAMS vintage to me!

OK, I know I'm slightly biased, he is my DAD, but isn't this great!?

I used a page from a chipboard book as the base for this wall hanging, covered it with paper from TH using Claudine's multi medium as adhesive.  Sanded the edges and inked with vintage photo DI.    Added the photo using this week's technique (see Tim's book, page 55 for details on the technique if you're interested - you can buy it directly from Tim's website HERE).  Then used the mini grunge alpha set for the "King of the road" sentiment - I inked the letters heavily with Ranger's watermark resist ink and then brushed perfect pearls over them for a bronze shimmer.  Did the same technique with the crown but used gold perfect pearls.  Added the gears at the bottom.  Here's a close up that shows the shimmery effect of the perfect pearls.


I hope you enjoyed this week's project - I'm having a blast!  Hoping to get another post in this week for the Lots To Do challenge.  Busy week at work, so I'll do my best!  Stay cool til next time!

~ ellen.

26 comments:

MarleneMAZ said...

This is fabulous! everything looks so great together and I love your metallic looking letters.

Lori said...

Wowza! Really, really, fantastic, Ellen! I just love how you used all Tim stuff, it just looks fab!

Kathy Eddy said...

This is just an awesome example! It is such a fun piece too, makes you feel like you are right there when the photo was taken.

Terry said...

Fantastic! Love the image of your Dad and of course the use of the Lost and Found Paper!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Ellen, your tag is completely wonderful! I LOVE that photo of your dad, and you truly made a fabulous work of art with it! Your Fragment is great, and all your wonderful details-- from the pearlized letters to the gears to the licence plate background paper-- are perfect! This will become a family heirloom, I'm betting! ♥

Nan said...

Love your piece...the photo of your dad worked out so well. I remember hearing King Of The Road on the radio while my folks were getting ready in the mornings. Thanks for the memory! :)

Lynn Stevens said...

So creative. Love you used your dads photo!

Candybonita said...

Hey Ellen, I love it. Wow it's gorgeous!!! We have got to get together and play real soon. Keep up the wonderful projects and I know that you are having a blast with your creativity. Thanks for sharing. Much love, Matty.

Hels Sheridan said...

CORRRR , this is LUSH hun... love the whole stylee xx

Sherry said...

This is absolutely fabulous! That photo of your Dad is wonderful and I love what you've done with it!

Netty said...

Totally fabulous, Annette x

Riet said...

This is spactacular. I love it.

Laurel said...

This page is amazing! You do fantastic work!

Penny Duncan Creations said...

What an AWESOME creation!!!! Love all there is to see on it!!!!

Meggymay said...

Its fabulous, great caption

inge said...

Hello Ellen,

really nice card ! Great photo you used: your dad looks so happy !
You say you use watermark ink and then brushes the perfect pearls on it. Does that make the pearls stick enough ? Nice effect on the letters and the crown.

greetings from Belgium
Inge

Jill said...

This is a fabulous project!! Love that photo and title!!

Barbara Mason said...

Hi Ellen - I thought I already left a comment but...really great card,it all works so well together with the fragment.

Tracy Evans said...

Great piece of art and I love the picture you have used, the backing papers are yummy too and love the addition of the crown. Tracy x

Kim said...

How can you NOT smile every time you walk past this wall hanging?

penny4thoughts said...

Really fun piece! I just love how you've put everything together.

Jennie said...

What fabulous picture, just love what you have done with it :)))

Deanna Cosgrove said...

so cool, love each detail...........

Otter Blue said...

Fantastic piece! Love everything about it.

Scrap Vamp said...

Very cool project! Love the background and the crown!

Claireabelle said...

Fabulous!!!! and what a great picture
xx