Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday Stamper - Life & Love

Hey!

Wanted to share a tag I did today for this week's Sunday Stampers challenge.  If you're not familiar, go check out Hels' blog (Ink On My Fingers) HERE.  It's a fun way to explore different ideas and themes and get to know lots of fun people.

This tag uses one of my fav stamps ever - TH's Umbrella Man (that's what I call him).   I love the sentiment, and the umbrella man just fits perfectly.  Makes me want to watch "Singin' In The Rain".


The background is a combination of several distress inks (broken china, scattered straw, peeled paint). Then I used the script stamp in brushed corduroy, and the floral/weed stamps at top and bottom in burgundy.  Umbrella man was stamped onto grungeboard in Archival Black and then cut out and mounted with foam tape for dimension.  Added the gear/compass and metal corner and... voila!

Hope you're having a nice Sunday, wherever you are.  I'm hoping to join in with the Lots To Do challenge this week - if you're interested, check it out HERE.

TTFN!

~ ellen.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Great tag, Ellen! Love the burgundy color for the stamp, really pops out, umbrella man is great, isn't he?

Jill said...

Love, love, LOVE this tag! Fabulous distressing, colors, stamping... everything is great!!

Hels Sheridan said...

Stoopid Mr Blogger ate my comment from the other day hun, THANK you for joining in with the Sunday Stamper... LOVE this tag, Brolly Man looks FAB and I love the spray of sprigs in the corner, gorgeous colours... hugs hun x