Sunday, July 11, 2010

Wendy Vecchi Tag Swap

Yes... it's true... I'm back... AGAIN!

I wanted to share the tags I made for the Tags Studio 490 Style swap, which is part of the Everything Wendy Vecchi group on Yahoo.  This is my first swap with this group (or really, any group at all), so I really wanted to do a good job so I get invited back for more!  In this swap, a group of us will be making 12 different tags, of different sizes and orientations, using primarily Wendy Vecchi (Studio 490) stamps and in her style.  The tags will be assembled into one big wall hanging and one will be given to Wendy for her birthday!  And each person that participates will get one of each tag back, too.  I'm excited to see what everyone comes up with!

I was assigned a medium sized tag in the vertical (portrait) orientation. I started by inking the entire tag with Scattered Straw distress ink (DI) and shaded the edges with Vintage Photo DI.  The small vial was stamped onto a sheet of clear transparency with black archival ink (waterproof).  Once dry, I used blue and green alcohol ink and dabbed it on to the reverse side (the alcohol would dissolve the black ink on the front). 


Then the label and the lid of the vial were stamped onto a manila tag, inked with antique linen distress ink, and adhered to the front of the label - the solid label on the front also gives you a place to hide foam adhesive!  The Be Inspired stamp was also stamped on manila tag, inked with antique linen DI and cut out.  The flowers are by Prima, distressed with Vintage Photo DI, and the snap on the "Be Inspired" message is by (wait for it.... big shock coming) Tim Holtz.  The polka dot background stamp is by Hero Arts.

Hope you've enjoyed my projects from this week - I probably should pace myself better but I seem to work in spurts (is that how you spell that?).

Have a great week - back to work tomorrow... ughhhh...

~ ellen.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Ellen! These are fantastic! Love the bottle with the alcohol inks, spectacular idea!

Kirsti said...

I love these and what a very clever technique...fantastic....x

Kathy Eddy said...

Gorgeous! I hope I get one of these back.

Wanda H said...

Awesome tag!!!