Monday, August 23, 2010

CCC - Blended Batik

Hellooooooo.....

This week's theme over on Linda's Compendium of Curiosities Challenge (CCC) is blended batik.  If you turn to page 36 in Tim's book, you'll find the how-to's for this technique.  As always, if you're interested in this book, go to Tim's site HERE - if you order it from him, he'll sign it for you!!!


I've never tried this technique before, but I quite like it!  I used this technique, and then added the script stamp in vintage photo DI over the background.  Then I used an oval scallop frame by Maya Road - inked the center with Brushed Sage DI, and painted the actual frame with Antique Linen crackle paint.  Once dried, I inked in the crackled parts with Vintage Photo DI.  Stamped the sentiment in the center, added stitching and "squiggles" with black Pigma pen. 


Then added these incredible new flowers by Prima --- I must confess I now feel like I'm cheating when I use a pre-made flower, rather than taking the time to make a paper or grunge flower myself.... however, these flowers are drop dead gorgeous, dontcha think?  Lots of flower themes going on this week, so I'll get to the handmade ones soon.


And finally, added this new crochet trim by Maya Road.  Such a soft intricate texture - love it!  Just arrived in the mail today.  I have a feeling this will be showing up a lot in the coming weeks and months!

Lots more to work on this week - see you soon!

Hugs,

~ ellen.

13 comments:

JWood said...

so pretty! mine is so MESSY! LOL!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Wow, you're not kidding-- those Prima flowers are cool! ALMOST as cool as your brilliant, gorgeous tag. Truly, Ellen, this is absolutely elegant, and the Blended Batik turned out perfectly. I love the colors you used, and the frame around the sentiment looks amazing! Bravo!

Nan said...

Hi Ellen...This is gorgeous. The crackle and batik work together so well!

minnie_mac said...

The background is absolutely beautiful. Love your embellishments and how the colours come together.

Marilyn

Lori said...

GORGEOUS! Love those flowers, they come with the crystally stuff on them? Very cool, and yes, I love that MR trim, works perfectly for tags and smaller venues. Great piece!

Evelyn S. said...

I love the use of the script over the Blended Batik background! It's a great idea....with beautiful results. The flowers are a special touch, aren't they?

MarleneMAZ said...

Beautiful flowers, wish I could make them like that. Great job with the technique, I liked it a lot as well.

Deanna Cosgrove said...

What a great creation--down to every last detail.

Minxy said...

lovely creation, great colour and the sparkle on the flowers is a lovely touch

Linda Cain said...

You really nailed this technique! Great job!

Kathy Eddy said...

Stunning! I love those flowers too and have to get me some of that trim. It's so cool and vintage all at the same time.

Terry said...

Wow! This is awesome and beautiful all rolled up into one Stunning work of art! Love it!

Shawn Caro said...

Ellen -wow this tag is so beautiful. I love all the blended inks together. I agree about your flower-drop dead gorgeous!