This week's theme over on the CCC challenge (hop over to Linda's blog HERE and join in the fun!) is distress stickles. I decided to do another wall hanging this week.
I started with a page from a chipboard book. Then I cut the bottom section off of another chipboard page and glued it over the bottom of the main page (only around the edges - left the top section open) to create a pocket for the stems to slip into.I covered both chipboard pages with paper from Tim's paper stack. Then I added some background stamping over both sections to create interest.
To create the sunflowers, I used scallop frames from Maya Road, inked them with Dry Mustard and Walnut Brown DI, and added distress stickles (Antique Linen over the yellow, and rock candy over the walnut brown). The stems are from a Bo Bunny chipboard set, inked with peeled paint DI and distress stickles in same color. The "bloom" letters are also from a BoBunny chipboard set - inked with dry mustard, with antique linen distress stickles.
Then glued all the flowers and letters down with glossy accents. Added a ribbon between the top & bottom sections to create some definition, and added faux stitching in black ink around the entire border.
Since I covered up the hole in the book page, I added a jewelry bale and covered it with a copper brad. Then I added a TH chain and hook to hang it with (*can't remember the proper name at the moment*).
Hope you enjoyed this week's project - I'm having such fun playing along with this challenge. It's great to see all the wonderful art being created! Thanks to Linda for hosting this awesome event!