Saturday, August 14, 2010

@ Home with Claudine - Weeks 6 & 7

Hey strangers!

Sorry it's been so long between posts - I went to the beach last weekend, had a fabulous time, woke up all three mornings to coffee on the balcony with my Mom and this view (heavenly on all three counts - coffee, time with Mom, and the view) ~


Had some hilarious good times with my sister, mostly at my expense - the hilarity came full force when I had finally convinced her to come into the ocean with me, and the very first time we tried to get out to the waves I got SMACKED DOWN and went soaring up the beach, and then was whisked very quickly back down into the surf, only to be smacked again (repeat above).... I wasn't hurt or anything, wasn't really ever even scared - I finally stood up, laughing, but my sister's laughter was at a whole different level!  Like the couldn't even BREATHE level.... (no respect.... haha).  We had such a great time.

Anyway - got home and went straight back to a crazy busy week at work, and just didn't have time to get back to my studio!  (I hate that!)  BUT - I have now managed to spend some time upstairs and have caught up with my class with Claudine.

Weeks 6 and 7 we learned two more techniques and then finished technique recipe book.  Here are the results. 

Our first technique was multi medium transparency.  The point of this technique is that the multi medium (matte) dries completely clear so the transparency STAYS transparent.  I wish I had a darker transparency to use on this page - black would have been stunning.....


Next up, we did some watercolor painting on canvas - love this technique and this look.  I stamped various flower images using Ranger's Archival Black ink (waterproof!).


That wrapped up our techniques and then we moved on to finishing the cover and binding of our recipe book.  We used the paper tinting and faux batik techniques, added a canvas flower, and added technique tabs to each page.  Here's the finished product!

Here's a closer look at the flower.

I haven't had time to get to the mini projects for the last couple weeks but I'll post them when I get there.  I'm happy to be settled in back at home, and looking forward to getting back to my on-line challenges - Sunday Stamper, Compendium of Curiosities, Simon Says Stamp & Show, and Lots To Do.  Please click on the links and join in - we have such a great time and you'll meet the NICEST people!

Hope you're having a great weekend!  I'll be back soon with more to share!

Hugs,

~ ellen.

No comments: