Sunday, August 22, 2010

Lots To Do - Beads & Buttons

Hi everyone!

This week's theme on the Lots To Do challenge is Buttons and/or Beads. 

I've been wanting for a long time to do some playing with my melting pot / UTEE and mold 'n pour.  I finally did it!  Made my first molds this week:


But now, the challenge is to USE them in some ART.  So I thought it wise to start small - I chose a 4x4 canvas.  Started by painting the entire canvas in traditional tan paint (by Claudine Hellmuth), then globbed a mess of Terra (thick medium by VIVA that dries like a terra cotta finish) over the whole piece, leaving a few areas for the canvas to show through.


 Wrapped the entire canvas using TH tissue tape - distress inked over the entire piece in various areas, swiped some gold "paste" medium (also from VIVA) over the inked areas, added some gold and patina stickles for some "bling". 

Decided on a molded piece to use, and discovered that it fit PERFECTLY over the oval Ornate Frame!  Love that serendipity.... :)   Added the "Breathe" tag to a trinket pin.  Wrapped some gold beading cord randomly around the whole canvas, added some beads, and glued everything in place with multi medium.  Voila!  My first official altered canvas and UTEE mold!


Hope you're enjoying your weekend.... I'll be back with more later this week.

Hugs,

~ ellen.

9 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Stunning fabulous make love all the texture and bling the moulded piece on the frame oh just everything thank you for bring it to us at LTD xx Zoe

Lori said...

OMG, I want that crown mold, and the flower on the left, they're so cool! They're all great, actually, but I really like those two! Your canvas is gorgeous, and where in the US can you get VIVA?? lol!

Hels Sheridan said...

GORGEOUS! This looks amazing Ellen... and I LOVE Owls... did I ever tell you that??? I collect them... *she says dropping HUGE hints LOL* Fab that the face fits the bookplate too... kismet eh? Hugs hun x

crafty creations said...

Absolutely stunning - the pieces you made with your melt pot and moldnpour are amazing and the way you've put everything together on that fabulously textured canvas wow!!!! just love it

Thanks for sharing your work with the Lotstodo Challenge x Hilda

Kathy Eddy said...

This turned out beautifully! I just bought some cool pennants for my daughter and I am going to try to mold them to use in my art also. Have to pull that out and try it. You sure make it look easy!

Jaqi said...

Wow, very nice , ive not used my melting pot and made anything like these they are fab, well done and thanks for sharing

craftytrog said...

Fabulous! love it!!

Minxy said...

Love all your molded bits and your canvas is fab

Lorraine said...

love your buttons especially the face and buddha ones