Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Lots To Do - Better Late Than Never

Hi all,

As promised, I wanted to share one more project with you before heading off to the beach tomorrow for the weekend.  I made this piece last week.  It was to be my first entry in the Lots To Do Challenge... of course that's when I assumed the deadline for submission was SUNDAY..... WRONG... the deadline was Friday, and I missed it!  So, I still wanted to share it - because I really enjoyed making it!

The theme was "Shapes".  And boy did I run with it!  FUN!   Clearly, as you see below, I chose to use circles! 


I started with a CD, and covered it in the circle paper.  Then added lots of different sized chipboard circles, inked up with Distress Ink with rock candy distress stickles on top. I also added the three larger circle frames from Maya Road.  Those holes in the scallop edging were just BEGGING for some dangles, so I added circle shaped beads.   Then the piece needed some balance, so I added the charm fragment circles and added MORE beaded dangles!  And finally, to put it over the top, I added some clear Dew Drops in random spots throughout.  I think they look like hot air balloons!

Here's a close up:


Thanks for stopping by.  I'll be out of touch this weekend - hope you have a good one and I'll catch up with you next week.

Hugs,

~ ellen.

2 comments:

Nan said...

What a great way to use the fragments....looks so pretty!

Nancy said...

Beautiful ......