Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Simon Says Stamp & Show - Tim Holtz

Hi everyone!

This week's theme on the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge is anything/everything Tim Holtz!  Can't go wrong...

I actually made this about a year ago (pre-blog) so I thought I'd share it with you all.  I followed this project on one of Tim's DVD's - can't remember if it was the first or second.... I call it the Pinwheel Mini Tag Book.


There are detailed instructions on the DVD, but basically this book is made up of three 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of light weight paper, that when folded, form two of these little pockets.  So I made three of them and then strung them all together and made a mini tag to go inside each of the little pockets.

I made this when I was fairly new to "Tim's World" and I was desperately trying to break out of the "perfect stamping" mode and "Embrace ImperfeKtion"


I had just bought my first sets of Tim stamps and I was determined to experiment and play with them, without any specific PURPOSE except to embrace the concept of playing and trying not to be "perfect".  I wanted to embrace the MESSY a little!  I took a shot of all the tags together to save you from having to scroll through all of them individually.

But, if you're interested in scrolling through them all. here they are:

Yes all the mini pix are of ME....
The tags are pretty simple when I compare them to my current work, but I had such fun playing with these at the time and I love the way the project came out in the end.  I keep it in my studio to remind me to embrace imperfeKtion.... a little mess goes a long way....

Have a great day - see you soon.

Hugs,

~ ellen.

9 comments:

Shirley said...

Hi, I am new to your blog, but I need to tell you how much I love your tag book, it is really wonderful, hard to pick a favorite tag, but flowers, and Road Trip would be two of them. Curious as to the flim strip on your tag, is that TH sizzlet die? I have thought about getting it, and if that is it I am curious also as to what you cut it out of, looks great on the tag. Thanks for sharing.
shirley

Artyjen said...

Your imperfections are just perfect! LOL Gorgoeus :)
xoxo Sioux

ellen said...

Hi Shirley - the film I used is by Tim Holtz - it's called the film strip ribbon and is available in most stores or on-line. It's wonderful - and Tim has some little mini pix in his paper stack that fit perfectly behind the tiny windows! Thanks for your lovely feedback and for stopping by! Have a great day.

LynneForsythe said...

OH MY what Distress-0-liscious goodness!!!

Thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!

Lori said...

Oh, this is fab! And a first attempt, no less! How talented are you???? lol! I love each and every one, thanks for joining the SSSS challenge!

Nancy Wethington said...

Awesome tags and mini-book. Love your work! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge blog!

Robin Gibson said...

LOVE all these tags! I SOOO need to do what you did...just get my stuff out and play! GREAT project!!

Hels Sheridan said...

LOVE your mini book... tis DIVINE hun... and all those tags just look amazing... how fab!! Hugs hun x

Nancy said...

This is wonderful, Ellen! And you'd just bought the stamps & all when you made this? WOW!
Thank you for joining this week’s Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge.