Monday, August 16, 2010

Sunday Stamper - Jars / Bottles

Hi everyone!

This week's theme on the Sunday Stamper is anything with jars or bottles (or booze!).  I had quite a challenge on my hands, because I only own ONE stamp of a glass jar, and it looks remarkably like the one that Hels used in her sample for the week, so I really had to be creative to come up with something different.  I went through several different options, but finally discovered that my TH POPCORN stamp fit perfectly into the jar!  And if you don't know it about me yet, I am a POPCORN ADDICT.... I seriously think I could LIVE on it.  So here's what I came up with:

I think I used every stamp in Tim's "At The Movies" set, unless you count the ticket in that set - I did a substitute ticket stamp from the new 100th Stamp Set Collection.  The background is distress inked with broken china, peeled paint, and scattered straw, with a hint of rusty hinge.  Then stamped over with the filmstrip stamp and the movie ad stamp.  Popped the filmstrip ribbon over the filmstrip stamp with some glossy accents, added the tissue tape to the bottom and stamped the top and bottom with the stars stamp.

Stamped the jar on grungepaper with black archival ink - then I made a reverse mask (to mask around the OUTSIDE of the jar), so when I stamped my popcorn inside it wouldn't go outside the jar.  I stamped the popcorn in scattered straw, used my waterbrush to color in some of the popcorn, and used vintage photo to do some of the edges.  Then traced over the "Fresh Seasoned" with a fine-line black pen, stamped the image again in chipped sapphire and used a circle punch to pop out the POP CORN sign and glued it over the main image.  Added some accents to the jar with the Inkssentials white pen to further the illusion that the jar is made of glass.  Then covered the entire jar in rock candy crackle paint, and added the ticket and star memo pins (Maya Road).

Here's some close ups so you can see some of the details a little better:


That's it for this time - next up this week will be my piece for this week's Compendium of Curiosities Challenge (CCC for future reference) - this week it's all about distress stickles - check out Linda's blog HERE and join in the fun!

Hugs,

~ ellen.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Are you serious? I'm the first commenter on this totally awesome piece? WAKE UP PEOPLE! This rocks, Ellen! Totally awesome how you did the jar of popcorn, I love that stamp set. So stinkin' creative! I LOVE IT!

Hels Sheridan said...

COR, Ellen THIS IS AMAZING!!!! That Jar of Popcorn is inspired! And... I reckon we were separated at birth, I could live on Popcorn.. as long as I had my Diet Coke to wash it down with (blimey, I sound like an advert LOL) And.. it has to be either sweet popcorn.. or... Butterkist.. do you get that in the States? It is like toffee coated and all gooey and sticky and.. *pauses to wipe drooools* Anyways.. thank you for joinin in with the Sunday STamper hun... I am so loving your art! Hels xx

Anonymous said...

What an outstanding piece of art, true inspiration. You are amazing!
Vicki B. in OP NY