Friday, August 27, 2010

Sunday Stamper - You Don't Bring Me Flowers

Hi everyone!

Wanted to sneak my entry for the Sunday Stamper in under the wire... deadline is fast approaching with the time diff in the UK!  If you haven't joined in the inky madness with the Sunday Stampers' fabulously funny and delightful Hels, click HERE to check it out.  You'll have a ball just reading her blog!  Yes, she is funny, but also delightfully nice too - and UBER-talented!!!! I'm so glad to call her a friend.

I haven't made any cards in quite a while so I thought I'd share this set I made recently.  I love the bright colors of these cards.


I started with these adorable flower stamps from Hero Arts.  Stamped them onto white cardstock, and then colored them in by smooshing distress inks on the craft sheet, spritzing with water, and then used my waterbrush to color them in.  This is one of my favorite coloring techniques.  Then I cut them out, mounted them with pop dots on coordinating card stock, mounted that on white paper with the scallop punch edge, added the "thanks" stamp and the "bling" - and there you have it!  I even went so far as to stamp the envelopes with the same stamp.


And then used my Scor-Pal to make a box for the set:


This is quick way to make a gift for a friend! Hope you have a wonderful crafty weekend!

Hugs,

~ ellen.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Oh, seriously, that's it? These look way more complicated. For a minute I thought you used Copic markers. No, really. I was amazed to read that you used distress inks.These are gorgeous, and a wonderful gift!

Helen said...

These are just gorgeous! Like Lori, I couldn't believe how you coloured those flowers. I only just found your blog (came here from Hels') but I am now going to follow you cos it's amazing here!

Hels Sheridan said...

Wow Ellen, these are GORGEOUS and I love the ickle box you made for them... THANK you for saying nice things about me too :O)) And.. thank you for joining in with the Sunday Stamper... have a brilliant day xxx

Tracy Evans said...

These would make a gorgeous gift for someone, they are gorgeous, so effective colouring with Distress inks. Have a lovely evening, Tracy Evans x