Wednesday, August 18, 2010

WOYWW --- my first share...

Hello all you WOYWW-ers!  I've been lingering on the sidelines being on workspace voyeur for too long - figured it was time to join in the madness and share my workspace too.  So here it is!



You can see I've been working on a new piece - this one will be for the CCC challenge this week, separate post to follow tonight or tomorrow.  I have a LONG workcounter, which I try to keep ready for visitors (if I move the drawers, which are on rollers FOUR people can fit quite comfortably), but often it turns into extra storage, as you see now...

Also wanted to share something I made this week.  Don't know if you saw it on Tim's blog, or maybe it was Mario's Twitter-ing --- you can use the TH alterations dies (or any traditional sizzix die) and run it through the Cuttlebug on foam sheets to create foam STAMPS!  I've only done a few so far (non-Tim - just to try it out).  Here's the results:


It was a little tough to get the thick black foam sheets through the C'bug, but with a little effort, they cut beautifully!  Then I mounted them on thinner white foam sheets with glossy accents so there is a good place to grip the stamp when using it.  Hope you enjoy!

Gotta run and get ready for work - have a great day!!!

Hugs,

~ ellen.

22 comments:

Juls said...

wow your crafty space looks just lovely!!! I am jelous of all those lovely inks, and you look so organised! TFS hugs Juls

Leo said...

Ohh those stamps look great. I love using foam stamps with paints. Your desk is amazing too! It's gigantinormous! :)

JWood said...

wow! everything is so neat and organized! awesome studio! don't you just LOVE having a window?!?

Sue said...

Hi Ya
wow a lovely crafty space, nice & tidy, great stamps,thanks for the snoop, have a great WOYWW, sue,x

Lou and Mel said...

OMG - How gorgeous is this! I am very envious of your space it looks incredible!

judie said...

what a great tidy space

those stamps look brilliant, what a fab idea

big hugs
judie xx

Helen said...

What a LOVELY workbench... how great to have space to share it with friends (or fill up, lol)

Doone said...

I am totally madly deeply In Love withthe fabric hangign infront of your blinds - - if I was in your room I'd be drawing and colouring that print onto paper for hours.....

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Well done on taking the plunge and joining in. You have a fab workspace and thanks for sharing the die cut's into stamps technique.

see you next week!!!

xx

Tracy Evans said...

Wow what a gorgeous workspace, such a large work area, fantastic. Love the bloom card too. Tracy Evans x

Sunshine Girl said...

What a fabulous craft room you have there! have fun with the home made stamps they are great arent they!

Claireliz said...

Wel;come to WOYWW so glad you joined in, your craftspace is the sort that I dream about, love it
C
xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Ellen, welcome to WOYWW! I can't say I felt you lurking on the sidelines, but I can say that it's a pleasure to see your workroom. And should also advise that I need the space of four people. Just so you know when you're sending the invitations! You seem very organised to me..I love the display of pieces above your desk.

Chrissie said...

This all looks fabulous... and welcome to WOYWW. Your workspace is amazing and the tip about making stamps is most interesting... I don't have too many Sizzix dies, but I may just have a go!
Thanks
Chrissie

Bluefairy4U said...

Hi, what a lovely clean wokspace you have, so long how lucky. Very clever you to make your own stamps. Hope your enjoy your first WOYWW its habit forming you know ha ha. Lol JO.xxxx

Carola Bartz said...

Now, this is a cool work space. Love it.

Heather x said...

What a beautiful craftroom you have! Love the idea of making foam stamps :)
*hugs* Heather x

Serendipity Stamping said...

What wonderful & neat workroom you have been hiding from us all. Nice work on the foam stamps, let us know how they work out.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Welcome to WOYWW. You're going to love it here. And being a neat freak, I love your studio. So bright, beautiful, and organized. It looks like you have every craft item Ranger has ever made, and then some. May I please come and play with you? I could learn so much! Sorry I'm late visiting on your first time, but I contracted a computer virus. It's still not fixed, but I had to make sure I wasn't infecting anyone. Happy belated WOYWW.

Hels Sheridan said...

Oh I say, you are keeping MY desk looking very neat... will be over to play soon :O)) Loving what you did with those dies..would NEVER have thought of doing that hun... am off to root out that old foam... copying yer ideas hun xx

Hels Sheridan said...

BTW.. I LOVE your Studio!!!!!

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Wow!!!! What an awesome organized studio! Would love to come over and play. lol