Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Art Journal - Sept 6 2010

Hello!

I've been on visual overload with Donna Downey's inspiration journal videos lately - I can't stop watching them and talking about them and showing them to everybody!  Yesterday I completed the first page in my new art journal!  I love the fact that the journal is designed to just create whatever you're inspired to create on any given day, and it doesn't matter if it's perfect, in fact it's better if it's NOT perfect!  Really loving that.  I am, by nature, a person who likes things to be "just so" - maybe not quite to the OCD level... but to a certain degree... *I have issues*.... LOL...

So here's the first page!  Hope you like it!!


Watercolor background with lots of "drippage" - love letting the colors run and go wherever they want to go.  Glimmer screen and glimmer mist over that.  Stamped the grasses using Olive and Coffee archival inks, then added flower soft accents to the grasses.  Added 3 layers of gold/orange fringe ribbon at the bottom.  Maya Road chipboard bird, painted with CH paints.  Added the quote, painted the border with gesso (*mostly to hide the ribbon at the bottom*) and scratched out a frame over the gesso with a brown sharpie.

love this quote - perfect for the "start" of my journal!
was trying to capture the "glimmer" of the glimmer mist
shows the page in the book
shows the dimension of the flower soft
binder tab punch by Stampin' Up!
I know I've posted this link twice before.... but since this is the first actual page in the journal, I'll post it again.... if you want to check out Donna's inspiration journals, click HERE.

Have a great week!  See you soon!

Hugs,

~ ellen.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Ok, you can't really do anything badly, can you? lol! Really great pages, love the colors, they're my fave colors.

ellen said...

Stop it Lori my head is swelling!! LOL! But thank you so much for even thinking that, let alone saying it! You're so sweet!!

Hels Sheridan said...

OMG.. hunny, ~I missed this one... sorry!!! COS.. it is truly LUCIOUS and I love it loads... one day, you never know, I might get to see your journal in the real!!!! And your new word... DRIPPAGE.. am so gonna borrow that one LOL ... hugs xx

Bree Stanley said...

This is awesome!!!!!!