Friday, September 10, 2010

Art Journal - Sept 9 2010

Hi all!

I realized I posted my "entry" for Inspiration Wednesday a little early (technically my entry was from 9-6-2010 and the week didn't start until 9-8-2010... so... DARN... I just HAD to do another entry in my new art journal!  YAY!  (Like I needed an excuse - I'm having so much fun with it I just couldn't wait!)

So here's the next page in my journal....


I had fun playing with my new Tim Holtz foam stamps, made by running the Alterations dies through the c'bug  with foam sheets - easy!   Did a watercolor background with lots of drippage (actually this had so much water sprayed it's more like RUNNAGE, but despite the terminology... I like it!)  Then stamped over the background with the foam stamps.  Used some extra jute for the stems - I dyed the stems with a mini mister and some peeled paint distress re-inker.  Found a great quote and decided to paint a thin layer of crackle paint over top - just a subtle accent to the quote.

I also did the little inclusion page between the first two main pages:


I sprayed each side with glimmer mist - a really heavy coat to maximize "glimmage"  (*is that a new word??? I like it!*), added some tissue tape and some stamps and embellishments.  The button on the green page started gold and I hit it with a red paint dabber to give it a little pizzaz.

Here's some additional views of the finished page.  Hope you enjoyed - I'm loving it.... in fact just signed up today for a class with Donna Downey in October - can't wait!!!



Have a lovely weekend!  See you soon.

Hugs,

~ ellen.

4 comments:

Helen said...

Stunning journal pages, Ellen.
Have a great day.

Hels Sheridan said...

Corrrrr... Els this is D-IV-IN-E!!!!! Loving those stampy painty flowers... and the Rock Candy over the words... inspired! Your jounrnal is gonna be seriously LUSH... and... I wanna see it in the real LOL xx ;o))

Lori said...

Oh my, these are stellar works of art! Just love everything about them! Ditto what Hels said, Corrrrr....whatever that might mean... lol!

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Wow........I love it. I'm off to run my dies through the bug with some foam sheets.....got to give this a go. Thank you, thank you for sharing, It's scrummy!!

A.xx