Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Birthday *Wish*

Hello!

My sister's birthday was last week, and we had a little party for her today.  So of course I had to make a card for her!  The first attempt was made when my mojo had completely disappeared.... that one was flung into the trash.... pathetic.... thankfully.... it didn't last long....

I managed to find some inspiration and came up with this:


I started by painting a piece of card stock with a layer of gesso, then scraped sky blue paint over the majority of the background with an old credit card - I love this look - like an old plaster wall, perfect in it's imperfeKtion....    Added some tissue tape and found some old grungeboard tattered florals that had already been covered with book text and color washed.

Found some green velvet rick rack ribbon for stems.  Added the grungeflowers with the *fabulous* Liquid Scrap Dots (LSD - oops - unfortunate abbreviation... LOL - available HERE) - so cool.  You can "pop" things as high as you want!!!  It does take a couple hours to dry though.    Added a clear dew drop to the center of each flower, then added the bird, which I painted with a thick layer of picket fence crackle paint.  Used the LSD on the bird, too.  (*poor bird.... sounds like I drugged him!!* HA!) 


Added *wish* with black Thickers.  Repeated the blue paint and tissue tape on the inside of the card (*forgot to take a pic of that.... and now the card has been given to my sister....oops...*) Painted a thin strip of blue paint on the left side of the inside panel and put tissue tape on top.... you can visualize that I'm sure...

Hope you enjoyed.... thanks for stopping by!

Back to work tomorrow.... last few hours of the weekend... enjoy!!

~ ellen.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Lovely card Ellen! That background is awesome, amazing what can be done with paint and a credit card!
Oh, and congrats on winning the CCC prize!

Hels Sheridan said...

Totally over the top GORGEOUS card, I bet she LOVED it!!! xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Forgot to say... CONGRATS on winning the CCC prize... promise I won't sulk... much ROFL xx