Wednesday, September 22, 2010

CCC - Alcohol Ink on Grunge

Hi everyone!

The time is just flying by lately - I've been horrendously busy at work, and I'm so whipped by the time I get home my creative mojo is being overpowered by mental exhaustion... I miss it!!!  Anyway, I have managed to create something for this week's Compendium of Curiousities Challenge.  If you're interested in checking it out, head on over to Linda's blog HERE for all the details!  There are awesome prizes to be won - I'm living proof!!!  I won some awesome Tim Holtz & Heidi Swapp masks last week!  Thanks to Linda for hosting these challenges and Daisy at eclecticPaperie for the generous prize packages!  Here's what I came up with:


I've been LOVING the cooler temperatures and am SOOOO ready for fall.  It has been an extremely hot summer here and I'm so looking forward to fall foliage and pumpkin spice creamer for my coffee!!!

I started with a sheet from a chipboard book and traced it onto grungeboard and cut it out.  Then followed the directions in Tim's book for this technique - no fair to Tim sharing the directions here - if you're interested - pop over to Tim's site HERE and get a copy from him! 

Since I'm on this *FALL* kick - what better way to celebrate than with Tim's new tattered leaves stamps!  Stamped three of the leaves onto golden yellow cardstock, and then watercolor painted with distress inks in some orange/red tones to highlight the fall colors.  Spritzed them with pearl glimmer mist for some shine.  Popped these onto the piece with my new *fav* product - Liquid Scrap Dots - available HERE.  Added the "FALLING" grunge-letters and inked them up with Inka Gold (paste).  Added the metal foliage flower/leaf after hitting them with paint dabbers and blotting off with a paper towel.   Added a grommet to the top and a jute hanger.  Voila!




This just makes me want a cup of hot chocolate and a roaring fireplace.... unfortunately, Indian Summer has hit - it was 90 degrees today.... still summer... but it won't be long!   Thanks for stopping by!

See you soon.

~ ellen.

18 comments:

Lori said...

Ooo, those leaves look REAL! Totally cool piece, love the colors and the stamping, wonderful work, Ms. Ellen, and it doesn't show at all that you are mentally exhausted! lol!

Kathy Eddy said...

Oh Ellen, this is just fabulous! I so love the fall colors myself, well, fall and everything about it. Colors, cooler, football, etc.

CuddlyBunny said...

I agree with Lori ... I totally thought those leaves were real! So GORGEOUS!

Love the entire piece, in fact!

I'm also with you on the season change ... I'm pulling hard for the chilly chariot reins of Fall!

Helen said...

Hurrah for autumn, my favourite time of year. I love your art, it is stunning. Gorgeous gorgeous colours.

wearestampers said...

Tim's stamps are really great! The colors are wonderful!

STAMPMOM9 said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Awesome work!

MarleneMAZ said...

This is just gorgeous! love the colours and leaves, a great fall piece.

Anonymous said...

When I first looked at this I felt like a falling leaf! lol You did a marvelous job. Thanks for the inspiration ;-)
Vicki B in OP NH

Daniele said...

totally awesome piece

Plume said...

Love those leaves and what a warm splash of autumn colour!

Hels Sheridan said...

OMG Els, this is DIVINE!!! I so need those blinking stamps now after saying I didn't.. bad influence girl.. rofl... loving the fall colours... the cooler temps is better for me too... England is nice and cool in November-time when we have our Autumn you know ;o)) Hugs hunny xx

Sue West said...

Beautiful. I just love those fabulous autumn colours.

Jackie said...

This is gorgeous, Ellen, and I just love those leaves! A wonderful piece.

Kim said...

Wow! I'll admit I wasn't sold those stamps when I saw the preview...but you have totally changed my mind...they look so real; as if you picked and pressed them! Very nice piece!

Chrissie said...

this piece is amazing. brilliant fall colors and clever play on falling leaves, etc. the leaves r gorgeous 2. lovely.

Netty said...

Oh wow, now I am really in love with your masterpiece, my favourite time of the year showed so perfectly. x

Linda Ledbetter said...

Ellen, your week sounds like mine, from the "too busy to breathe" part to the "why is it 90 degrees again?" part! ! I'm so glad you found time to create this gorgeous card in the midst of it all!

Your AI grunge technique is just magnificent! Wow, those colors are gorgeous!!! And, the design is so classy and artistic. I love the die cut letters and the way you used the leaf stamps on both the background and as dimensional elements.

In fact, I just love this entire piece. Wonderful job, sweet friend!!!

Yelowflower said...

WOW those look so real!!!