Friday, September 3, 2010

CCC - Chipped Enamel

Hey there, hi there, ho there, fellow lovers of all things Tim!

This week on Linda's blog, we're on page 44 of Tim's Compendium of Curiosities book - click HERE to get your copy signed by Tim!  As usual - can't go into the details of how to do this technique - if you're interested - buy the book - it's an awesome reference guide for every technique you could imagine!  You won't regret it... plus you can play along!

I've been searching for my mojo for the last week and I think I finally found it!  I recently bought the hanging sign Alterations die by TH and really wanted to use it in this week's project.  This is what I came up with.


I started with a #8 tag (big surprise), but wound up cutting the top part off in the interest of size.  Cut the hanging sign die through the c'bug, and then ran the sign and a scrap (for the sign post) through the woodgrain texture fade to get that weathered wood (not the color) look.   Inked the "wood" pieces with pumice stone DI and then hit the high spots with walnut brown DI.  Painted the sign hanger with black paint dabber, and then dry brushed on some gesso for highlights.  Did the same tot he wood pieces too.

(*sorry for the fuzzy pic*)
Used this week's technique on the metal flowers/leaves.


Inked the tag background with dried marigold, weathered wood, antique linen, and peeled paint DI, and then stamped a TH floral stamp in pumice stone (*it's hard to see in this pic, but you might be able to see it better if you click on the picture to enlarge*).


(*note the address..."1036".... subtle right? haha... and for those who don't "get it" - I don't live at this address*


Hope you have a fabulous LONG holiday weekend!  I'm planning to catch up on my class with Claudine - I'm a week behind and the new class just came out this morning.... I hate being behind....

See you soon, thanks as always for stopping by!

Hugs,

~ ellen.

10 comments:

Helen said...

Fabulous! Love the textured fade, may have to get that one after all.... have a good long weekend.

Kathy Eddy said...

This is a really cool piece. I love the woodgrain used on your sign and post. Never thought to try that.

Sue West said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue West said...

I'm sorry I removed the previous post by accident, but it did have a whopping big spelling mistake in it! What I'd like to say is that I think your hanging sign is absolutely fab.
Sue

MarleneMAZ said...

Fabulous sign you made! love that die although I do not have it. Your flowers look really good too.

My name is Toni said...

This is just wonderful... all the textures and shabbyness going on and I just adore your sense of humore.... thank you for the smiles :)

donna said...

I love your sign. So much detail and it all looks terrific!

Lori said...

Very cool, Ellen! Love the distressed wood look, and your enamel looks great! I'm usually a little slow, but I did get the 1036, believe it or not, lol!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Ellen, this is INGENIOUS! Wow, what a cool design! The wood looks absolutely real, and the chipped enamel is perfectly done. This is some of the BEST distressing I've ever seen. Truly-- you rocked this challenge!

Minxy said...

I have to say i just love everything about this piece, its soooo cool.