Monday, September 13, 2010

CCC - Masked

Hello again!

Time for another one of Linda's fabulous challenges from Tim's Compendium of Curiosities!  These challenges have been so much fun!  I can't think of better inspiration to visit, or RE-visit Tim's incredible techniques.  I'm enjoying it so much - thanks Linda!  If you're interested in seeing what I'm talking about, head over to Linda's blog HERE and join in the fun!

This week's technique is to use masks.  Recently I've been making some travel plans for the near future (more to come later - some details to work out yet), so travelling has been on my mind.  AND, my sister in law Pam gave me the most beautiful necklace for my birthday recently.  It's a silver compass, with this beautiful inscription on the back - "Move confidently in the direction of your dreams."  Perfection.... So... compasses have definitely been on my mind.  So I thought it would be a perfect time to break out my TH compass mask.

This card is called "True North" --- I don't usually "name" my pieces, but this one just seemed perfect.  It's partly to pay homage to my desires for travel, but also as a gift to my *fabulous* husband and best friend, Jack.  He really is *MY TRUE NORTH*.  Love you!!


Hope you like it - no fancy close ups and angles for this one... just keeping it simple....

Have a great week!

Hugs,

~ ellen.

18 comments:

Kathy Eddy said...

Great job on this! It's awesome!

donna said...

Very cool. I love the colors and the fibre really shows them up.That mask looks great.

Helen said...

Great colours and love the compass.

Sherry said...

It's lovely and some great thinking behind it too.

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous card, am loving that mask hun, I haven't got that one cos I never thought I would use it... mm,. now seeing yours.. yep, I need it LOL So, what are these travel plans then ??? ;O))
hugs hun.. have a grand day x

Sue West said...

What a beautiful tag, I love those colours.

Lori said...

Love it! That's one of my favorite masks, goes great with anything. Love those colors, too!

MarleneMAZ said...

This is just gorgeous!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Oh, Ellen, this is stunning! Your masking looks fabulous, and the ink blending is beyond perfect! The filmstrip works so well here, and the big letter "N" really solidifies the compass theme. It's absolutely gorgeous, and I bet your man is going to LOVE it!

Netty said...

This is gorgeous, love all the colouring and your masking. Annette x

Electra said...

Beautiful!!

Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire said...

Great job on this tag! I love all of the detail in the tag AND the bacground on the card! What a great "name" for your project. I'm sure your husband will really appreciate it:)

Terry said...

Love the colors on your tag! Fantastic masking!!

Shelann said...

I love the embossing around the mask, very nice design.

Julie Forest said...

Fabulous piece of artwork! Your title for it is absolutely perfect! I LOVE the background colors!! :)

Toni said...

Ellen... I just looooooove this. The whole compass theme is beautiful, enjoy planning for your travels with your hubby!!!!

minnie_mac said...

Fabulous colours and a real wow factor.

Marilyn

Deanna Cosgrove said...

Wonderful compositon on this one.