Monday, October 4, 2010

Art Journal - Oct 03 2010 - A Poem...

Hi everybody!

I was playing in my studio this weekend and came across a poem that was handed out at a scrapbooking event a couple years ago.  The author was listed as "Unknown," so I can't say who wrote it, but it's priceless... any crafter / artist will appreciate the humor.   I've taken the liberty of adjusting some of the verses to fit the things I love doing these days, but the bulk of the poem is exactly the same as it was originally written.  Hope you enjoy it!


It may be a little hard to read so I've broken it into two pix so you can read it all.  



CLASSIC! RIGHT??  I just *LOVE* this...

I started by painting the page with CH altered orange paint.  Then I laid a flower template over the whole page and dabbed gesso through the stencil to create the flower pattern.  Then added some turquose "drippage".  I emphasized the flowers with black India Ink, added some gesso rings, and then laid out the poem in the staircase pattern, outlining the whole poem with a white gel pen, and then again with a soft charcoal pencil, blending the charcoal with my finger.  Emphasized each stanza of the poem with the altered orange paint and white gel pen.

Hope you got a kick out of this - I thought the poem was awesome.  Wish I could give credit to the author....

Have a great week!

~ ellen 

4 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Absolute classic hun... that kinda sums up my house ROFL Brill page xx

Kathy Eddy said...

This is so adorable. I don't have a maid, but my husband has taken over all but the dishes and laundry because I work 6 days a week and when home, I am in my studio or on the computer ogling art. He's a keeper for sure.

Linda Ledbetter said...

I love this, Ellen! What a great card and an awesome poem! Gee, I can't seem to talk Scott into hiring a maid, no matter HOW messy the house gets. I obviously need to try harder! ;-)

craftytrog said...

Love it Ellen, so true!! I think a maid & a cook too would suit me! Lol! And maybe someone to pick my daughter up from school! And..... BTW your painty BG is just gorgeous!
Alison x