Saturday, October 2, 2010

CCC- Wrinkle Free Distress

Hi all,

It's time for another Compendium of Curiosities Challenge!  This week we're working on wrinkle-free distress.  If you're interested in playing along, head over to the fabulous Linda's blog HERE and check out the details!  You'll have a great time exploring all of Tim's techniques and will meet lots of wonderful people. 

This week I wanted to play with my Stampotique stamps - I'm a recent BIG fan of these stamps - they're so quirky and fun! 

I started by doing the wrinkle free distress technique - see Tim's book HERE for the how-to's...  Then I added some additional background stamps from Tim's collection.  i love the brick wall stamp from the mini-grunge set.  It's a pretty small stamp, but it lines up perfectly to repeat the brick pattern! 

Then I took three of the stampotique images, stamped on white cardstock and colored them in using the watercolor distress ink technique.  Cut each image out and placed them on the tag using Liquid Scrap Dots - available HERE.


Added the *what is normal?* sentiment with the DYMO labeler.  This is a simple tag, but I love the message - quirky is OK.... I like quirky...




Aren't they cute??  :D 

Hope you're having a great weekend.  Enjoy!

~ ellen.

9 comments:

Helen said...

Another fab tag, Love the background and the background stamps you used!

Netty said...

Smashing distress technique and I love your little people, they are fab. x

MarleneMAZ said...

Great tag and love those stamps!

wearestampers said...

What a funky tag!

Tracy Evans said...

I like quirky too and your tag is great, love the background and these little fella's are fab. Tracy Evans x

Hels Sheridan said...

So, I a sitting here wondering if I got that brick stamp cos it looks UBER cool... doh! Yep, I got it.. just ... erm.. hardly ever used it.. if ever ROFL
LOVE those Stampotique images.. they looking mightily fine and dandy hun... and the dymo label.. genius!!
Hugs hun... hope I do see ya soon ;o)* xx

Yelowflower said...

the background came out great, love the bricks....

froebelsternchen Susi said...

great!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Ellen, I LOVE this! Those little Stampotique guys are SO cute, and the image you created with the door and the brick and the cool background is wonderful and inviting. Your wrinkle free distress is great-- those colors ROCK. I love every single thing about this awesome tag, and if these little guys showed up trick or treating, I'd give them all my candy.

This truly made my heart happy. :-)