Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Pink Ribbon Warrior Woman Blog Hop

Hello!

Today I am honored to be participating in the Pink Ribbon Warrior Woman Blog Hop in honor of all women who have had, currently have, or ever will have breast cancer. Big thanks to Linda Ledbetter for coordinating this blog hop - Linda - you ROCK. 

(read to the end - there is blog candy involved!!!) 

We're celebrating the healing journey of our dear friend, Sherry Goodloe, who's recovering from her recent surgery, and has just learned that she won't have to endure chemo or radiation! Sherry is our official Warrior Woman Muse for this hop, and is someone we all love and admire. Of course, so many of our friends and loved ones-- if not we ourselves-- have faced breast cancer, and our art is intended to honor each and every woman who has, is, or ever will fight this battle.

In honor of my good friend Mary, who was recently diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer and just began 20 weeks of chemo last week, I made this piece as a small way to support her on this incredibly difficult journey.  I'll be giving it to her at work today.  (Yes.... she's still working!  So dedicated...) I'll share a little more about her story in the Flickr Group (details below).

Please join in by visiting our blogs (listed below) and finding some inspiration for your own art. In many cases, there's blog candy to be had for those who leave comments!  Keep reading!!!

The Pink Ribbon Warrior Woman Blog Team is:


Ellen Vargo - http://1036art.blogspot.com (you're here!)

Hels Sheridan - http://pinkleart.blogspot.com

Jennie: The Artistic Stamper - http://theartisticstamper.blogspot.com

Judy Wood - http://creativearts-jwood.blogspot.com

Linda Ledbetter - http://www.studioL3.blogspot.com

Nancy Crissinger - http://whatsnextnancy.blogspot.com

Sharon Sutton - http://seraph1959.blogspot.com

Tracy Jacobs - http://nosparemoments.blogspot.com

After visiting each blog on the hop, please create your own work of art in celebration of the Pink Ribbon Warriors, and upload your masterpiece at the Warrior Women Blog Hop Flickr Gallery:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/warriorwomen/

When you upload your photo, make sure the Privacy is set to "Public" so everyone can enjoy your art. This will not effect the privacy settings of any other photos you've uploaded to Flickr.

You're welcome to dedicate your art to someone specific (or any number of special someone's), and please use the "Add a Description" field in the gallery to tell us about them.

Submissions will be accepted through October 30, and on October 31, our Warrior Woman muse, Sherry, will choose a winner who will receive an amazing prize package, courtesy of our sponsor, the incredibly generous DAISY at eclectic Paperie.  This is the prize package from Daisy - remember - you have to post a picture of your project in the Flickr group to be eligible for this prize.

(PLUS, Daisy will add, and I quote, a PAIL of assorted stickles to this package as well!)

AND

if you're interested in a chance to win a prize package from my personal *stash*... please leave a comment on this post - I will use the random number generator to pick a winner on October 31st!  This is what you could win:

Small silver birdcage charm, rock candy crackle paint, peeled paint & rock candy distress stickles, Claudine Hellmuth's multi medium (matte), 3 teeny tiny glass vials, and a necklace I made using the Dichroic Illusions technique on Tim's 2nd DVD
Thank you SO much for stopping by and joining in the Pink Ribbon Warrior Woman Blog Hop!  Please be sure to visit the other sites on the hop.  I can't wait to see the amazing projects in the Flickr Group - this is such a talented network of artists, and I am so very honored to be part of this great tribute to the warriors among us.

Hugs to all!

~ ellen

45 comments:

Helen said...

Your art for Mary is wonderful. Thanks for the chance to win your fab candy.

Joanne said...

I love the way you associate these amazing 'Warrior Women' with our brave heros by including poppies. Very special piece.
Luv Joanne xx

Kaz said...

Just Stunning! love the green background and those flowers are just stunning!! Big hugs to your friend Mary.....infact big hugs to everyone who is affected by this battle. Thanks for sharing your beauutiful peice of art

kazx

Glennis said...

Fabulous piece of art - I love the flowers

Artyjen said...

I'm sure your friend will find this uplifting...a gorgeous piece :)
xoxo Sioux

Tracy Evans said...

Such a fantastic tribute, love love your art for your dear friend whom I hope wins her battle too. A blog hop like this makes you appreciate the important things in life. Wonderful idea and thank you so much for the blog candy too. Have a lovely day, and warm positive vibes to all those fighting this battle. Tracy Evans x

Nancy said...

I so love your creation, Ellen!
Please give Mary a hug from me when you give your art to her.

minnie_mac said...

Love this piece. The flowers are fabulous. Love and support to Mary.

Marilyn

2amscrapper said...

Your art is a wonderful celebration of women--vibrant (colors) and beautiful (flowers).

Linda Ledbetter said...

Ellen, this is such a gorgeous work of art, and such a loving and important message for Mary! I wish her all the best on her healing journey, and I know your wonderful art will make her heart happy.

It's such an honor to be hosting this hop with you. Thanks for your kindness and enthusiasm-- and most of all, your friendship!

Kathi said...

What a happy piece. I'm sure Mary will love it.
Prayers to her and everyone battling this disease.

Lori said...

Awesome idea, and awesome art, Ellen! Love it! The flowers are spectacular. Great idea, and a bunch of my fave artists!

Terry said...

Sending good thoughts to your friend, Mary. This beautiful art piece you created will surely lift her spirits! Beautiful piece!

donna said...

I am so sorry about your friend. What you have made her is beautiful! I love those words.

Marijane said...

Your art is beautiful Ellen, and the cause if so important. My Mom died 26 years ago of this disease and we've waited long enough for a cure. Keep up creating for the cause!

Kathy Eddy said...

Gorgeous at and what a wonderful cause!

paperqueen said...

Gorgeous art and important and worthy cause.
Eileen

Shelann said...

Beautiful and inspiring!

Jennie said...

Loving your Warrior Woman art, and finally I made it to everyone's blogs:)

Heather x said...

Awesome art babe, your friend will love it :)
*hugs* Heather x

Stampersue said...

Fantastci Art and in such a good cause. I hope Mary goes on ok
Stampersue
X

Wanda H said...

A Fabulous piece of art!!!!!

Yelowflower said...

A great cause and a beautiful piece of encouragement!!!! TYFS

Judy Wood said...

awesome ellen! great artwork! i LOVE your colors!

Electra said...

LOVE your creation, she'll be delighted to receive it!

Sarah Anderson said...

What a fabulous idea for Breast Cancer Awareness month.... your piece is STuNNiNG, I love your flowers :)

julie m said...

what a lovely project. having friends like you is the best when going through chemo.

Sharon Sutton said...

I plan on scrap lifting this idea, green is my favorite color and I love flowers, great tribute.
Warrior Women rock!

Chrysalis said...

Thank you so much, Ellen, for your very generous blog candy offer in a great cause. Thanks for helping raise the profile of the campaign to fight this horrible disease! Love the flowers, by the way!

peggy aplSEEDS said...

beautiful message and amazing art! this is a great project!

Lezlei Ann Young said...

What a great event to raise awareness!

Sam said...

Love this, poppies are my fave flower, its beautiful x

Ohhh Snap said...

Beautiful! Love the sentiment too. TFS :D

Helen said...

What a magnificent piece of art. I love it.

Tina said...

Fantastic artwork, I'm sure it'll help to keep her spirits up, especially with all your support.
www.scrapdiva-tina.blogspot.com

Cheryl said...

This is a gorgeous piece of art!

Sandy Ang said...

What an inspirational project you've created !

Electra said...

This is lovely, the flowers are amazing! I'm sure Mary will love this.

Jolanda said...

Your art is beautiful and for such a good cause too! Mary should love it :) (I would)

Sandi M said...

Love how you've done this piece. It's so creative and ooh those flowers.

Cassie_lu said...

What an amazing gift for your friend that I'm sure will make her smile every time she looks at it.

KateB said...

isn't it amazing how we woman can uplift each other in such a powerful way? I've never had any family members experience breast cancer, but have had some friends lose the battle unfortunately...If only I had been a crafter back then...this is awesome!

Jayne said...

Wow, I love the gift you made for your friend. It is gorgeous!

jayne.boot@gmail.com

Piddawinkle said...

what an absolutely stunning gift for your friend, your art is gorgeous

Anonymous said...

well where do I start? Your blog is wonderful..I have been here for an hour already!Your work is delish! and I luv that Hels gal too (another ATT and WV worshiper!). I am very excited for your trip...and will watch for details. Your gift is lovely...very. Now, about the hop..I will be traveling to these places tyvm. I wish I had a little more time right now to create something, but I totally suck at figuring out how to post things anyway and am quite a novice. But..the cause...the mission here...is totally awesome! I have lost 7 friends to this nasty cancer in the last few years. 7. It has been all around me...it is scary...I always send well wishes and prayers to those going thru treatment or to family members.. I have been there with my friends and their families. I send prayers up often, but my daily prayer reflects my strong desire for a real honest to goodness cure. I have a daughter, sisters, nieces, and my mom so far yet unaffected. But it just scares me. Thank you for your efforts here ...we cannot raise awareness enough in my humble opinion. God Bless you and all the women of the world. xo cher

hilly77 at comcast dot net