Wednesday, October 13, 2010

WOYWW and Presents!

Hi everybody!

Getting a late start on WOYWW - not feeling great today... didn't get a chance to take pix of my desk today, so thought I'd share some pix of the before & after of my studio renovation!  If you're not sure what I'm talking about - click HERE and pop over to Julia's desk to check out the crafting desks around the world! 

Here's the before picture:






When we moved into the house, this was our bedroom... then it was transformed into Jack's PLAY room (yes, he has one, too!)... and then, because I was growing out of my small room downstairs, Jack was kind enough to "donate" his room to me! 





During:






Little Miss Handy!!   Putting up my shelves from IKEA - one of MANY shelves/drawers from IKEA that had to be assembled... which I LOVE to do.  I was such the tom-boy - always helping my Dad with projects around the house.  I've always loved *making* things - almost doesn't matter what.



And after:







Full of stash and WELL used!  I love that I have room for FOUR people to sit and play together.  The drawer units from IKEA are on wheels so they can be rolled across the room to make space for two more people! 








Here's a pic from last year (the walls are so bare!) of me and my 3 bestest friends (Connie at the end, Matty next to her, then Pam - my sister-in-law, and ME!). Making our TH Christmas Tags!  And ... incidentally ... that is my ARM/ELBOW sitting on the desktop!  But it looks really WRONG....






This is turning into a long post.... but I have to share what came in the mail yesterday, all the way from the UK!!!  Yes, folks, another package of goodies from HELS!  She is spoiling me *rotten* (and I love it!)  LOL! 
New steampunk stamps from the Artistic Stamper!, ART PARTS!, "Oh My Dear" stampotique stamp, suede flowers by Maya Road, amazing chipboard shapes, and a Hels Original... the keychain tags she did last summer!
I'm over the moon... and still counting the days until we can play together IN PERSON!  We're down to 45 days!  WOOHOO!  No, I haven't started packing yet (other than mentally).  And guess what!  Hels has signed us up to take a class with THE Linda Elbourne!!  Talk about spoiled!!!

Don't forget to check out the Warrior Woman Blog Hop for Breast Cancer Awareness!  There are LOTS of chances to win blog candy!   Click HERE if you missed yesterday's post.

Have a great Wednesday!

Hugs,

~ ellen xx

14 comments:

dandelion dreamer said...

Hi there! Gorgeous studio and nothing better than sharing with three other friends! Moira

sasa said...

Now that is a studio to die for - wonderful space with some wonderful goings on - we want to see more...
sasa 10

Helen said...

What a gorgeous craft room - I am so envious. Your pressies are wonderful, enjoy playing with them. I agree, it doesn't look much like your elbow.....

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Your craft room is gorgeous and I hope you are feeling better by the time you read this.

Take care, A.xx(29)

Carola Bartz said...

Great transformation! And if you hadn't mentioned your arm/elbow I wouldn't have noticed...

Hels Sheridan said...

OMG, I just spat my cwoffeeeee at the screen hun, that so looks like you are resting your booby on the desk... that has made me hoooot laughing RO~FLMAO... I am soooo Peeeeeled Paint - your room... it is like a little piece of heaven... and I so wanna come play... you will have a fit when you see my tiddly little room hun... in... 45 days... and counting!!! CANNOT WAIT!!!! Hope you feeling HEAPS better... biggest sqwishies xx

Craftgirl said...

Oh wow what a fab crafting room. One to die for methinks.
Happy WOYWW
Carol (111)

Minxy said...

WOW Ellen thats some room you have, you have to smuggle Hels back with you in your suitcase so she can mess up the place lol

Linda Ledbetter said...

Ellen, I'm so sorry you're not feeling well! I hope whatever it is passes quickly and that you're back to 100% by tomorrow.

Your studio is spectacular! And I wasn't going to say anything about your special...physical...attribute! ;-)

butlersabroad said...

Wow, what an amazing room! It's beautiful. Hope you're felling tip top soon, sounds like you and Hels are going to have some FUN! Love *that* photo!!! Made me laugh out loud.

Hugs
Brenda 96

Ohhh Snap said...

What a lovely room you have, with space to share. So glad you shared that it was your elbow LOL. What scrumptious stamps and other goodies! TFS!

(#21)

Neet said...

Oh what a dream craftroom. You are so lucky. And goodies as well! Thanks for sharing. #142

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was here earlier in the week, and for the life of me, I kept getting a 503 blogger error. Had to come back and tell you what a fun post this was. Love the in progress room views. And you have some serious fun going on in that one picture. Still love your craft room. It looks like you've changed curtains, or maybe it's the lighting or maybe it's me needing glasses. Happy belated WOYWW from #2.

Julia Dunnit said...

Ooh Ellen - your before pictuers don't really prepare me for the afters - that room is huge!! and lovely - what a treat, and how noble of Jack!