Wednesday, October 6, 2010

WOYWW and a Special Announcement

Hi everyone!

Before I get started with my workdesk - I have an exciting announcement to share with you all!  Let's do the announcement first.....

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and in honor of our good friend Sherry Goodloe-- and ALL our loved ones who have, are or will ever fight this battle-- I'm taking part in a Warrior Woman Blog Hop! Mark your calendar now to join in! All the details will be posted here next Tuesday, October 12th.   Stay tuned!

Thanks for stopping in to snoop around a bit!  It's Wednesday again and that means it's time for WOYWW - What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday.  This week I have some new stash that was delivered yesterday - waiting to be put away.


And because I KNOW you're dying to see what's in that box --- I'll oblige and show you:


Some new paint dabbers that were on sale, new TH charm clips (these will be used on this year's Christmas cards, so I needed LOTS of them), the new Tidings tissue tape, some Claudine Hellmuth multi medium, and some free chipboard alphabet letters (Daisy at eclecticPaperie is SOOOO cool - she always throws in a freebie - and they're usually really COOL freebies, too!).

I also wanted to share some recent "finds" from our antique shopping adventures:

Found this awesome old tool caddy - the wood is worn smooth ad discolored and chipped up - in essence... it's *perfect*!!   And, even more perfect... my embossing folders fit perfectly in it!

Antique bottle - looks like it's been in the ocean - all pitted but silky smooth.  An old jar filled with antique buttons, and a little mesh basket also filled with buttons - all white so they can be altered to any color with alcohol ink!
Hope you're having a great week - thanks for popping in!

Hugs,

~ ellen.

28 comments:

Jennie said...

Great finds! Thank you for showing
Happy Woywwing

S said...

Love that tool caddy. I've got my embossing folders in a little plastic box that it about overflowing - maybe I need to schedule a visit to the antiques place too. S #84

Sue said...

Hi Ellen
oh lovely box of new stash to play with, luv the wooden holder for your embossing folders, have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x(2)

Sunshine Girl said...

Ooh what a lovely pile of new stash and some fabulous finds there - enjoy playing with the new stuff! Thanks for sharing - Sunshine Girl (28)

Neet said...

Ooh - love your antique shop finds - and thanks for sharing the contents of the box. #17

Kathryn said...

Oo I love the sight of that big box of goodies! love your desk it looks full of lovely stash to play with and loads of room!

Wipso said...

What fab finds..lucky you.
A x

Jules said...

That box of goodies looks fabulous, bet you can't wait to play! I love your tool caddy too, it's gorgeous and perfect for your embossing folders :D
Jules (72)

Linda Elbourne said...

Lots of yumminess here ... fabulous finds ... you lucky girlie you!

Doone said...

love teh perfect tool box

dx 63

Sherry said...

Thanks for sharing all your lovely goodies with us - new and vintage!

Sherry (117)

nerllybird said...

Love your wooden box! My other half collects bottles so I've seen enough of them to last a lifetime, but the buttons are interesting, lol!
TFS!
Helen (32)

Yours Artfully said...

Loving that wooden box, what a fabulous find and a perfect fit for your embossing folders too...what a bonus!

Lin (77)

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Gorgeous new stash and fab find's, loving the tool box.

A.x (22)

sasa said...

Great stuff and finds on show today - CH medium is really top-notch stuff. Can't live without it. Have fun with the goodies and show us what they turn into...
Sarah (sasa 18)

Hels Sheridan said...

Awwww, you got me a pressie??? The caddy is TO DIE FOR.. I want one.. would look AMAZING on my desk, filled with.. erm... stuff LOL Loving those bottles too.. you know what is coming next dontcha? If you see anymore.. dont' spose you could... erm... get one for me??? Pretty please??? Hope you have had a goodly day hunny x

Susan Allan said...

I love your antique finds...the bottles are pretty impressive.
Sue xx 88

Sarah said...

Lovely box of stash but I absolutely love that tool caddy - perfectly imperfect.
Sarah #60

The Taming of the Glue said...

Great finds in the antique shop especially the caddy....love it! Pam (21)

Spyder said...

Fabulous finds love that old tool caddy. Have a happy Woyww!
(Lyn) #58!!

butlersabroad said...

Great new stash and your finds are perfect!

Hugs
Brenda 105

Julia Dunnit said...

Great finds at teh market - wouldn't contemplate altering the buttons, white is nice and besides, not sure I'd want to use them!!

JoZart said...

Great finds and great use for them too. I wouldn't mind the contents of the box either! Thanks for a peek....
JoZarty x(33)
Don't miss my blog candy!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sounds like those paint daubbers were a bargain. I never had any luck with them, so hope you do. I love that photo of your long desk top. You have a LOT of room to play in. (#1)

Dee said...

I love getting parcels of goodies in the post, have fun!
Dee (38)

Glen said...

It's my first visit to your desk Ellen and I LOVE your finds and the snoop into your goodie box. TFS. ~Glen~ #30

Daniele said...

thanks for the peek inside the box....yummy stash,
hugs from #45

Claire said...

Loving those bottles - what a great find :)
Claire
WOYWW#78