Thursday, November 25, 2010

CCC - Double Distress

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm fortunate to be doing "light-duty" this year for Thanksgiving, so I have some time to play this morning.  We'll be heading over to my sister's house for dinner later today, and I only need to bring one dish - so I'm all set!  Hope all my American friends have a happy & safe Thanksgiving Holiday!

This week's challenge over on Linda's Compendium of Curiosities Challenge is called Double Distress.  Go check out StudioL3 for the details - these are great challenges and really get you thinking about all the different ways to use Tim's products - the possibilities are literally endless!  If you're interested in playing along and don't have Tim's awesome book yet - check out his website HERE.

Here's my take on this weeks technique:


And here's another shot to show you the effect I was going for with the raindrops - used Glossy Accents for the raindrops and on the umbrella to give it a wet look.

  
Hope you have a great day! 

Hugs,

~ ellen.

P.S. --- I leave *tomorrow* for England!!!  Look out - here I come! 

17 comments:

Plume said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Plume said...

Do your hear my applause from Quebec canada! This is an exceptionnal tag! A great collage, very clever and beautiful. You created a scene for the umbrella man! bravo!

MarleneMAZ said...

I absolutely love your tag! great job with the double distress and that little cutout on the side of the tag is a great touch to it. Enjoy England, my home country :)

Hels Sheridan said...

totally DROP DEAD GORGEOUS... and LOVE your new blog look hun... see you in.. erm.. 40 hours (ish!!!) EEEEeeee, I am SOP EXCITED!!!! xxx

Neil said...

This is a seriously cool tag! I look at your tag and wish I had the stamp! (I don't do that too often!) Enjoy your time here in the UK, hope you don't get snowed in!

Lori said...

Oh, this is just the coolest tag, EVER! I love it! Those raindrops are just grand. Have the best time in England, hope your travels are safe! Can't wait to hear the recap!

grannypoppy said...

I was in NYC last month and this tag just so reminds me of a rainy day there! I LOVE the way you have done the raindrops! This is a fabulous card! Super job :)

Chrissie said...

This is one cool card. Everything about it is fab!

Meggymay said...

Love your tag, the raindrops look great.

donna said...

Awesome tag! I love your raindrops. Have a good trip.

studiorose said...

This is SO cool! I love how you made the raindrops. Very inspiring!

Susan said...

Ok time to check in from craft central London!

Yelowflower said...

what a great idea! those raindrops look so real and the wet umbrella is a wonderful touch. Your distress is awesome!

Shelann said...

Great tag, love all of the different embossed elements making up the scene.

Jana said...

Fantastic tag. I love all the layers. And the rain is terrific. You've made a great scene here. I LOVE IT.

Terry said...

Oh, Oh, Oh,! I love this! I cannot believe you even added the rain!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Ellen, your double distress tag is magnificent! OMG, I love it! The brick wall looks amazing, and the city skyline and wonderful umbrella man are perfect. Your rain looks totally real! The layout is ingenious and every little detail is fabulous.

I know you're livin' it up with Ms. Sheridan across the pond right now, and I hope you two are having the time of your lives (and I bet you are!).

Hugs,
Linda