Monday, November 29, 2010

England! - Day 2 & 3

Helloooo!

We've had a brilliant two days - as I said yesterday - we worked on our Wendy mini-books on Sunday - finished them up this morning!


Here are a few shots of my fav pages:





Then we went out to have lunch at the most adorable, quaint country pub....
Imagine our surprise to discover they are closed on Mondays.... sadness.... but the story has a happy ending!
See Hels peaking around the corner?  Still camera shy.... I'm working on it... I've insisted on one photo of BOTH of us - bloggable PROOF that we really were together!! 
This is an actual beacon (like Lord of the Rings!) that gets lit in the little village when something of importance is happening.  I ask you.... how cool is this??? Love it!
OK - here's where the happy ending kicks in.... we were driving through the countryside on little side lanes, looking for a nice place for lunch, and Hels said...."We're only 10 minutes from Olney, you want to go there?"  And I thought..... "I know something important is in Olney.... but what is it?"  She said that's where LB Crafts is (LB as in Lin Brown).... DUHHHH... YES!!!!!  Who needs lunch?  Let's go!  So off we went into the little village of Olney - as adorable as they come.  Lin's shop is down a little offchute from the main square, at the end of a tiny little lane.  It is the MOST adorable shop EVER.  I actually did a little bow as we walked in the door!  We went in and Karen called up to Lin in the classroom to tell her "Hels and Ellen are here" and she came down to say hello.  She is so sweet and was showing me where all the coolest things were.  I came away with quite a nice stash.  My only shopping rule is that I can't buy anything here that I can get at home...and I stuck to it (mostly, but there are circumstances.... really.... there are!)  Got a load of Paper Artsy stamps and dies, some tiny little glass vials, Inka Gold in Bronze, and here's the exception.... Loads of Ten Seconds Studio metal molds... but they were all on 50% off!  They are older lines being discontinued, but they are all new to me, so I went a little crazy!  

Here's me in my PaperArtsy "happy place" ---- oh.... I was indeed a very happy girl....


It's supposed to snow tonight.... which under normal circumstances would be quite exciting, but we're supposed to have our class with THE Linda Elbourne tomorrow, and it's quite possible that it may be cancelled.  We aren't supposed to get much here in Wellingborough, but where Linda lives they may get quite a bit more.... say a little "no snow" prayer for us so we can take our class....

More to tell tomorrow!  I'm having the time of my life, and I'm already sad at the prospect of going home.... but won't focus on that..... lots more time and fun to be had! 
Love to all,

~ ellen.

9 comments:

Linda Ledbetter said...

What a fabulous day! And more to come. This is so wonderful, Ellen. You and Hels be sure to give each other a big hug for me, okay? And then give Linda E one, too!

Vicki B in OP NY said...

So much coolness in one day! Glad you're having the time of your lives ;-)

Nancy said...

I love the LOR beacon! Good eye, Ellen!
Love what you two have created ... have a wonderful time in Linda's class! Give her a hug from me, please!

Helen said...

That book is just fab! You are obviously having a great time - and you've been to LB Crafts! I have to cyber shop there, or at the shows! Hope you get to the class, today.

wendy vecchi said...

great reporting! I'm doing the no snow dance for you & for us too...don't forget to bow when you meet THE Linda ELBOURNE.
have a great time!

Tracy Evans said...

You sound like your both having a fabulous time, ENJOY every minute both of you. Love your mini book, fabulous. Tracy Evans x x

Lori said...

Ahhhh! If I'd have known you would be at Lin's shop, I would have sent money to buy those Hot Pick stamps and dies! lol! Your mini book is fabulous! Have fun with THE Linda E!

Val said...

Wow - sounds like you have been having fun and spending. I just adore that shop.

The mini book is just adorable.

Hugs
Valxx

Hels Sheridan said...

Honestly, I had to drag her away from the Paper Artsy section... toooooo much was falling into her basket and Lin would have had to restock ROFL I know I have said this before but... IT IS A TRULY WONDERFUL time... LIFE IS GOOD!!!