Sunday, November 28, 2010

I'M HERE!!!

Hello from Wellingborough, England!!!

It's official!!!!! I made it to England and I'm here with HELS!!!  It's like we've known each other our whole lives.... just relaxed right in.... spent yesterday chatting and settling in... Hels made the most delicious lasagna and garlic bread for "tea".... Since I didn't really sleep on the plane, by the time I went to bed I slept like a ROCK, straight through the night. 

The funniest expression I learned so far was in reaction to me showing her a picture of our blizzard from last winter... four feet of snow in three days.... this was the reaction..... "JESUS CHRIST ON A CRUTCH!!" I thought I would pee myself!!!!  Classic! 

Today was ALL about ART!!!  We've been working on our Wendy Vecchi mini-books - almost finished - will have pix by tomorrow for sure.... have barely taken any pix so far - but we're going out tomorrow to a quaint country pub for lunch, so I'll deffo take more pix tomorrow - promise. 

I was sitting in the living room this morning, drinking my coffee and looking out the front window, across the street to the other houses.... here's the picture..... big bay window with diamond panes, roof tops across the street have the curved tiles and more diamond pane windows, brick front houses.... and I literally expected a flock of owls to be sitting on the rooftops throughout the neighborhood.... scene straight from the first Harry Potter movie.... Yes... it's official.... I'm in ENGLAND... and I'm LOVING it. 

When we got back to the train station in Wellingborough, we got my bags into the "boot" (trunk for all you Americans), and I'm standing next to the "passenger" door, ready to head home, and she looks at me and says "What are you doing?  You want to drive?"  OMG.... classic mistake.... I was on the RIGHT side of the car.... DUHHHHH.... had to go round to the other side.. felt SO weird!  We had a good giggle over that....

Lots more stories like that.... I'm having a ball and want to find a way to S-L-O-W down time.... I keep wanting to pinch myself... I'm so fortunate to have this opportunity.... we're already talking about what we'll do "next time".... because there WILL be a next time....

And.... to THE Wendy Vecchi.... You've simply GOT to come over here... you will love it!  The Wendy Vecchi suite is cozy as can be... you'll be quite comfy... and Graham is delightful - so sweet, and funny, big teddy bear.

More later - and pix tomorrow for sure.

Hugs to everyone!

~ ellen.

7 comments:

Minxy said...

Glad you made it safe and sond, have a blast with Hels, she's a doll x

Nancy said...

I'm so glad you've made it & are already knee-deep in creating with Hels! Hugs all around .. can't wait to see pics!

Lori said...

Oooo, can't wait to see the pics! Hope you have a lovely time!

Val said...

Hi Ellen - I hope you have a blast with Hels - she is wonderful, and the classes I have attended with her have been such fun. Enjoy and welcome to this side of the pond!
Hugs
Valxx

Helen said...

Glad you arrived safely and Hels is making you welcome - she is a riot so you will laugh for your entire trip. Come on, show us the pics!!

Hels Sheridan said...

Thanks for being SO lovely Ellen, (and NO I didn't pay her to say that ROFL) It is a pleasure having you stay... I am having THE BEST time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xx

PS Those owls are wearing an invisibility cloak at the moment, they are there really LOL

wendy vecchi said...

Hey Ellen...
glad you're having fun with THE world famous...HEL'S SHERIDAN...
don't forget to post some photos for us!
ENJOY!!!