Monday, November 15, 2010

Long Time No Blog!

Hello strangers!!!

I realized it's been almost TWO weeks since I posted... ACKKKK!!!  I've been very busy, getting ready to go away to STAMP CAMP, which was this past weekend.  Twice a year I go away on a weekend retreat with about 12 ladies - we go to a retreat center out in the countryside of Pennsylvania - meals, bedrooms, and craft space all on one floor - it's the BEST!  Here's a few pix of my STASH of stuff, and my good friend Connie, who is solely responsible for getting me addicted to stamping.... she's a demonstrator for Stampin' Up!
My stuff is on the left table, this is about HALF of what I brought... scary!!!
Miss Connie - working on her Christmas cards.... see below for the finished product!
GORGEOUS, RIGHT???
Needless to say, we had a BLAST.... we arrived on Thursday evening and spent the next three days doing nothing but crafting, laughing, sharing stories, (*eating way too much*), and generally having a ball.   I look forward to these trips every time, and am so fortunate to have such an awesome group of friends who LOVE the same things I love.  Kindred Spirits for sure... :)

Here are a few pix of some of my creations from the weekend - they are tags for a swap I'm participating in with a certain BRITISH friend of mine.... so I need to have them ready to take with me to Merry Old England in.... ELEVEN DAYS!!!  Can't believe how the time has flown by....  AND - the theme on this week's Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge is to make something that makes you happy, and these tags DEFINITELY make me happy!
 
grungeboard flourish, grungepaper rose, Studio 490 & TH stamps
TH alterations-hanging sign, woodgrain embossing folder, Studio 490 stamps, grunge flowers & butterfly - love that little spider on the right.
grungeboard antique car, grunge hinges turned vertical for lamp-posts (LOVE that!) with teeny christmas lights for bulbs, TH stamps & idea-ology
close up of car against city skyline.
distress background, picket fence alterations die, Studio 490 stamps, TH idea-ology, maya road crochet trim, antique buttons
Stampin' Up! Baroque stamp-embossed in white, TH rosette die, TH & Studio 490 stamps, random metal button



















I also made some Christmas cards, but you'll have to wait to see those until after they've been sent out... wouldn't want to ruin the surprise, right?

Hope you've all been well - I'll be busy the next week plus getting ready to GO SEE HELS!!!  I'm going to need an extra bag for the art I'm TAKING TO HER, and another extra bag to bring back all the STASH.... OMG.... such problems..... HA.... NOT..... I'm feeling very lucky!!! 

Be well til next time!

Hugs,

~ ellen.  xxx

7 comments:

Helen said...

What beautiful tags you made, I just love them!

Nancy said...

Your weekend sounds wonderful!! But, did you have to use a semi to get your stash there? *lol*

Your tags are OUTSTANDING! LOVE them! The car in front of the skyline? OMG, I can't believe I've not "seen" that to do! They are all great, Ellen - every one of them. And Connie's card? Yes, ma'am - beautiful! TFS!

wendy vecchi said...

LOVELY...absolutely...
LOVELY!

Kathy Eddy said...

Gorgeous art here! You two gals are going to have soooooo much fun! I am jealous! Wish I could be on such an adventure! Have a blast!

Kat said...

your weekend sounds fun & expensive on the craft buying side (lol)
your tags are awesome,
i'm going back for a closer look.
Kat.

Lori said...

Ooooo, lovely tags, Ellen! So much detail, I love it! I know, can you believe how the time flies! Eeekk!

Nancy Wethington said...

Love your style! These are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge Blog.