Saturday, December 4, 2010

And in the end..... Dec 3

Oh, sadness.... my time in England is coming to an end!

Woke up at 5:00 am (ouch!) with only 4 hours sleep.... chugged down some coffee, got dressed, finished packing my cases, and then had to take our final pix in THE Room of Stash....

Happy for the time we had together....


.... and incredibly sad that our time was coming to an end..... (how pathetic is this???)


And.... a picture of me and my new *hero* Grim.... I was having trouble with the power converters I brought along, and Grim came to the rescue and saved the day!  I have sleep apnea so the prospect of being without my CPAP was really stressing me out.  He also brought me presents during my stay (he just *knew* how much I love chocolate....)

me looking slightly bleary-eyed... 4 hours of sleep is NOT enough....
Grim did not have to work on Friday, so he was able to help Hels get me back to Heathrow, which made our journey a lot easier.  The three of us had an hour train ride from Wellingborough (*prounounced Well-ing-bruh*) to St. Pancras, and then another hour on the *tube* to Heathrow.  Had some train delays due to the weather, but I made it in plenty of time for my flight, and some duty-free shopping.

Said our final goodbyes before I headed into security.... very sad indeed to be leaving my new friends.  Some of us managed to get through the goodbyes without getting all teary, but some of us did not... but I'm not naming names...... (really.... it was Grim.... haha just kidding!)

Flight was delayed by an hour leaving Heathrow, but I made it back to DC pretty much on time.  Was an incredible adventure - my first European adventure - the first stamp in my Passport - but it most certainly will NOT be my last adventure.  We're already making plans for the next trip.  It's just a question of whether I'll go back to England or Hels will come to the US first.  Time will tell, but I will miss her terribly until that day comes. 

Thanks to everyone who made my trip so special.... first and foremost Hels and Grim.... followed by Lin Brown, Linda Elbourne, Jennie, Minxy, the lovely ladies in Linda E's class, and the wonderful people of England. 

As the saying goes.... it was great to go, and great to get home too.  But I will definitely go back!!

And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make.... Love that song, and I know it's one of Hels' favorites.  And a perfect fit.... just like me & Hels. 

TTFN!!

~ ellen.  (aka *Els*)  haha...

7 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Oh pass me the tissues I am at it again! Yes, it was me, snivelling wreck, and still I am getting all blubby... THANKYOU Ellen for coming to see us and for making our time together so very special! Massive hugs xxx

Lori said...

I've so enjoyed reading about your journey and your time with Hels, it's been really special! And all the art you've created is just fabulous!

Neil said...

Your posts about your time in the UK were fun. I am glad you enjoyed yourself here!

Helen said...

Oh, you'll be getting me at it now! and we've never seen Grim before! Well, I haven't - so nice to put a face to the name.

Sarah A said...

Glad you enjoyed your trip to the UK, you brought a tear to my eye with this post, pass the tissues!

Of course they are both stunning sets of tags!

Sarah x

Artyjen said...

Sounds like you had a great time!
xoxo Sioux

Vicki B in OP NY said...

thanks for making us a part of your adventure. I enjoyed being the proverbial fly on the wall via your posts. Sniff sniff, you will see one another again and who knows, maybe Grim will come along for the ride! Welcome home.