Friday, December 10, 2010

Tim Holtz 12 Tags - Day 3

Hello!

I'm on a mission to get through all of Tim Holtz' 12 Tags of Christmas, and today I was able to "make up" a tag today, going back and doing the tag from Day 3.  Also - this week's theme over on the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge is to use Rock Candy distress stickles.... (see bird)...

Here it is...


I made a few changes from Tim's original design... I thought the tissue tape flower needed a little color, so I swiped some alcohol ink on the edges to tie in with the red bird....


I also did some watercolor distress ink painting, to give a brown tone to the branch.  I used walnut stain.


And... I thought that the salvage sticker with the three birds was a better fit for this tag, so I chose to use that one instead....


I'm waiting on an order of supplies I need to do some of the other tags, so hopefully I won't get any *further* behind while I'm waiting.... I'll be back when there's more to share!

Have a great weekend!  TGIF!!!

~ ellen.

5 comments:

Terry said...

Beautiful tag! Love the garland trim and the nesting! No Tim tags here, but will do them!

Minxy said...

Oh i'm all behind with my blog hopping.. All your tag versions have all turned out just fabby, sorry i've not time to comment on them all x

Lori said...

Love it! And I do like the tt flower with color (though to be honest, I really don't like those anyways. I just saw a bolt of lightening..) fab tag, and I do love that bird...

Hels Sheridan said...

Tis lushly lush Ellen, loving that sticker :O)) Come on, want to see the rest of them now please LOL *not that I have made any more than 6 yet LOL* xx

Linda Ledbetter said...

Hello, and happy Christmas, my sweet friend! You did a fabulous job on this gorgeous tag, Ellen, and I love that you combined it with the Rock Candy Challenge. Everything looks better with a little Distress Stickles, yes??

I like how you inked your Tissue Tape flower (I can't seem to get ink to adhere-- what's your secret?), and the sparkly garland at the base is a brilliant touch.

I hope this entire week is just magical, and that you have a lovely holiday!