Saturday, December 11, 2010

Tim Holtz 12 Tags - Day 5

Hi-ho!  (*or should I say... ho-ho-ho??? 'tis the season after all...*)

I've had a crafty morning working away on Tag #5 - again trying to make up for lost time on Tim Holtz' 12 Tags of Christmas....

Once again, I've made some changes from Tim's design.... some based on lack of stamps/supplies, and some just based on my own preferences... Here we go....


First major change... different, multi-colored DI background, and no santa stamp... I've gotta be honest... that Santa stamp has always freaked me out a little... don't know why.... SO.... I tried every *other* santa stamp I owned and none of them worked for me... so I went with the "December" stamp. Stamped it on grungepaper and inked it with Forest Moss DI, and inked the edges with a Krylon Gold pen - simple.


Next change.... the Merry Christmas stamp.... I really love the Hambly vintage Christmas rub-ons, so decided to use this greeting instead - looks lovely on the dark background.  The "25" numbers are grungeboard - used the same technique - white paint dabber with UTEE over top - the paint got a little bubbly under the heat gun, but I sort of like the "pitted" look.  


I pulled the facet/alcohol ink technique from a previous tag - love the look!

Inked the edges of all the elements of the tag with the Krylon gold pen - rediscovered that recently and I'm loving it!

Hope you're having fun playing along with Tim this year - I know I am!

~ ellen.

4 comments:

Lori said...

I think this is awesome. Love that white lettering on the dark background, really pops. Great job with this one! Love it! Those AI facets are definitely one of my faves.

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorrrrrgeous!!!! Love your take on it hun xx

Vicki B in OP NY said...

Love what you've done to make this your own. How wonderful to create your version of all the technique - massive impact!

Minxy said...

Your version is just delightful :D