Thursday, December 9, 2010

Tim Holtz 12 Tags - Day 9

Hello!

Well - I'm doing Tag #9 on Day #9.... sounds good, right?  Alas.... I still have a lot of catching up to do with Tim Holtz' 12 Tags of Christmas, but I'm having a ball with the ones I've done so far.  And since it's the Holiday Season, I'm submitting this tag for this week's Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge, which is to share a holiday greeting! 

Here's my take on today's tag:


I wanted to add a punch of color, so I did the "peace on earth" in red, instead of black.  As it happens, I couldn't find any silver tinsel, only the tri-color in gold/green/red, so it turned out great to bring a little more red in.


I wasn't crazy about the heart/crown combo for the rosette center (not very Christmas-y to me), so I went with a vintage crochet button, that I inked with brushed corduroy and spritzed with heirloom gold perfect pearl mist.  I also added a Maya Road star trinket pin to the rosette, instead of more baubles hanging from the ribbon... I've run out!


Added another vintage crochet button to the trio of buttons on the side for consistency.  I love how this shot shows the glimmer from the perfect pearl mist - that stuff is starting to grow on me - wasn't sure in the beginning...

I wasn't paying close enough attention when making the holes for all the brads across the bottom - mine are spaced VERY close together.... but I like the look anyway....

Hope you're all having fun playing along - I know I am.... see you soon with more Tags!

Hugs,

~ ellen.

4 comments:

Vicki B in OP NY said...

Love the look you've created, Els. Your brads at the bottom look like musical notes to me. The red letters do stand out well with the cool tinsel...and did I say how much I like the crocheted button? well, I do.

Helen said...

I love this - your crocheted button makes your rosette look like a sunflower. I wish I'd done chip letters on mine but didn't have any small enough... that's my excuse!

Lori said...

It's wonderful! I love your color scheme, using red instead of black was genius. Ditto on the brads being musical notes, that Vicki is genius too. All in all, stellar work, love the MR star pin.

Lori said...

p.s. Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!