Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tim Holtz 12 Tags - Facets

Hello again!

I'm on a roll now!  Still playing along with Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas.  Finally doing the first tag yesterday got me all excited about doing more, so I'm at it again tonight.  This time I worked on the tag from Day 4 - which is all about facets and alcohol ink resist.  Here's the result:


I must admit to you... I was SO excited when I noticed that Tim was using the "bling on a roll" from Michael's, because I've had that for a couple of months!  I can't believe I actually beat Tim to an idea.... unheard of!  


I didn't have any mini clips, so I just used a bulldog clip instead and hung the "Believe" tag from it.


This shows a little better the snowflake pattern in the facet.  Mine didn't turn out quite as perfectly clear as Tim's, but I love the technique!


Hope you're all having fun playing along with the 12 Tags this year.  It's becoming a tradition for sure, and I'm hoping to catch by the end - will be spending a LOT of time in the studio this weekend! 

See you soon with more tags!

Hugs,

~ ellen.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Very, very nice! I have looked at that bling every time I'm in Michael's, but have never bought it. Silly me! *lol*

Lori said...

Love this! Bling on a roll, well, you'll always have the first idea in my mind, lol... I was really loath to use that Santa paper on this tag, but I did, I mean, honestly, why was I hoarding it anyways? lol...