Wednesday, December 1, 2010

WOYWW - Satellite Studio - a Chez Sheridan!

Cheerio from Merry Old England!

Yes my friends, it is official - I'm HERE in Merry Old England!  I arrived on Saturday morning.  Hels and I have been waffling and chattering non-stop ever since!  She and Grim are spoiling me rotten and I'm having the best time ever! Here's "my" desk in THE Original Room of Stash! 


We made this mini book, a la Wendy Vecchi style on Sunday.  I bought one of Wendy's class kits when they were offered on her blog, and then duplicated another kit so Hels and I could make the book together - it was so cool to "take a Wendy class" together!


Yesterday we went to Lin Brown's shop


and took Linda Elbourne's Christmas card class - here's a sample of one of the cards we made.



Today we're heading off to London for the day - tea with the Queen and all that.... LOL... Time is going much too quickly and I will be very sad to leave such good friends.

See you all next week, back in the "home office" so to speak!  Thanks for all the kind wishes on my visit - wish I could meet more of the faces behind the comments.... just know that I appreciate all your enthusiasm and I'm so fortunate to have met such lovely people.

Hugs to all!

~ ellen.

20 comments:

Helen said...

Loving your satellite outpost! Enjoy the rest of your stay.

Hels Sheridan said...

That is my desk isn't it... you know the really tidy one ROFL Tis a pleasure to have you stay... don't want you to go home now tho!! x

Minxy said...

glad your trip is fun filled, wish i lived nearer to come meet you too :)

Victoria said...

wow that tag book is gorgeous

vicky 80

minnie_mac said...

Sounds like you're having lots of fun. Enjoy the rest of your stay.

Marilyn

Lionelsa said...

Very interesting mini book. #81

Jana said...

Lovely mini book. And that card is very pretty too. Looks like a wonderful time is being had.

Twiglet said...

So glad you have enjoyed your stay!! You have had a busy crafty time.

Wipso said...

Love the mini book and it's really great to hear you are enjoying your stay.
A x

Lizzybobs said...

loving your lovely crafty stuff today and your crafty time - thanks for sharing it with us - lv Liz

karen said...

It is so great that you two are having such a fabulous time! And how lucky that you are on holiday and have access to a fully stocked craft room!
Enjoy the rest of your stay!

butlersabroad said...

Looks like you're having a blast, hope the snow actually lets you leave! Ooh, there's a thought, snowbound in England! You did make me laugh you numpty, "cheerio" means goodbye not hello!!!

Hugs
Brenda 90

Jennie said...

Ellen, it was a great pleasure to meet you :)) till next time
Hugs
xx

Vicki B in OP NY said...

So much fun and so little stash time ;-) Glad you're enjoying absolutely every moment. Your cuppa tea with HRH should be a hoot! Hugs

airing cupboard crafts said...

Love your tag book you made it's stunning. Glad you had a fab time

laura 83 x

Serendipity Stamping said...

What a fun visit for the both of you and getting to takes classes together. Both your projects are lovely. Enjoy the rest of your visit. #15

Morti said...

LOL - enjoy england! I used to live up the road from Wellingborough, in Thrapston, so I know that part of the world quite well, including LB Crafts (oh how I miss that shop!)

Nicky said...

Glad you having a fun time in snowy old england with great people - Hope the queen was nice to you lol ~ thanks for sharing Nicky ~30

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Here I am trying to catch up after missing so much last week. So glad you had a great visit with Hels and got to take a class from Linda. What an awesome trip! And snow, too! Happy "nearly time for the next WOYWW" (#3).

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Another week seems to have around so quickly. Glad to hear you arrived safely here in the UK and you seem to have been having a good crafty time - although I didn't hear the squeals from the shop 14 miles away like I thought I might!!! Best wishes, Kym xxx (WOYWW No 40)