Sunday, January 9, 2011

ATCs with Donna Downey

Hi everyone!

Well as you may have noticed... I've gotten off to a slow-start in 2011 from an art perspective.... back to work, back to the gym, and back to Jenny Craig!  So I've been busy getting some other areas of my life back in order... which feels good, but I've really missed *making art* and sharing it will all of you!

As a way to break the ice for the new year, I've decided to play along with Donna Downey's new ATC Club.  Each month, she will post 4 ATC's and will offer kits on her website if you want to make exactly the same ones.  Since this is my first dabbling into ATC's (shocking... I know....), I've decided to go the "kit" route, to see different techniques and options in this *VERY COOL* smaller size art.

Here's the results from January's kit... I'm loving them!







I like the fact that they are all similar in layout and techniques, yet they are all uniquely cool.   I think I'm going to have fun with this!  I'm going to get an ATC Carousel from 7 Gypsies to display them all (because I have issues and need to organize *everything*... yes, it's true....)

If you're interested in the details, the instructions are available for download on Donna's website... click HERE to check it out.


Hope you are off to a great start to 2011!  I'll be back tomorrow with another project I've been working on today.... I was *CHALLENGED* by THE Hels Sheridan... we were chatting on skype and came up with a cool project we could do together, yet 3700 miles apart.... even from a distance we can *make art* together.  Come back tomorrow to check it out!

Hugs,

~ ellen xxx

2 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

lurve your ATC's and I cannot WAIT to see how your challenge piece turned out... mine is nearly done.. blogging soonly LOL xxx

Lori said...

These are really cool! I love this idea, and the colors are wonderful!