Monday, January 17, 2011

A Friendly Tag

Hi everyone,

The other night I wanted to make something with my Paper Artsy stamps so I decided to make a quick tag.  I was lucky enough to grab up *several* of the Paper Artsy stamp sets at L.B. Crafts when I was in England several weeks ago, and haven't had a proper PLAY with them!  The horror! 

I wanted to keep it simple, so started with this flower and did an embossed resist.


Inked over the embossed flowers with Wild Honey, Broken China, and Peeled Paint distress inks and then wiped away the excess ink from the embossed area.  Added some vintage photo DI to give a little more contrast, then stamped the Studio 490 script stamp over the whole background using coffee archival ink. 



Added the phrase, which I love, some green and brown raffia, a Tim Holtz idea-ology pin, charm and baubles, and finally, some Maya Road crochet trim.



Simple, not a lot of layers, but I love that the Paper Artsy flowers really *shine* and take center stage.  Looking forward to doing more with them soon! 

Once the tag was finished, I realized it would be a *perfect* tag for a friend of mine... so this tag will be going into the mail on Tuesday, headed off to a new home.... and who knows... maybe it will be someone reading this.... (I'm just sayin' .... wink, wink).
Hels and I had another "Challenge" session today via skype... stay tuned for details!  We had fun, and worked on our project *live* --- I tell you... skype is a miracle.  Especially when your friends are so frikkin' far away! 

Off to watch the Golden Globes... can't wait to see what Ricky Gervais does... he cracks me up!

See you soon!

~ ellen.

4 comments:

Helen said...

Incredible - I can never get my resist technique to work that well. What did you use? I love the colours, and the stamps - well, you've seen me use them too!

sandra de said...

Beautiful tag and I agree the resist has worked really well.

Juls said...

love this!! the colours are stunning!!! Hugs Juls

Lori said...

These stamps are gorgeous, just gorgeous! Love the colors you chose for the DI's, really makes that embossing pop! The extras are wonderful little touches!