Monday, January 24, 2011

I Challenge Thee - Stampotique Sweet 16

Hi everyone,

In keeping with tradition, I had my weekly skype session with Hels on Sunday morning, and we came up with another "I Challenge Thee" project.  I had a specific *need* today, so I set the project type, and the stamp type - the rest we did together:

Type: Card
Stamps:  Stampotique
Distress Inks:  Worn Lipstick, Broken China (Ellen); Weathered Wood, Spiced Marmalade (Hels) plus one wild card color - Old Paper for me.
Embellishments:  Flowers (stamped or grunge or prima), Ribbon, Paper Punches

This past week, my niece turned *sweet 16* years old and yesterday we went out to celebrate her big birthday.... so I had to make her a card, of course.... wanted it to be a little funky to match her funky personality... so Stampotique was just the ticket.


Used the "oh my dear" stamp and colored in all the checkered patterns with distress inks and a waterbrush.  These stamps are so quirky and fun to color in - you can't go wrong, in fact the more bold and outrageous the better (in my opinion)....
Added some prima flowers with a bingo chip with #16 of course, and some paper chains to go with the "goth" look.  

and on the inside, I hand-stamped a greeting...


Of course I forgot to take pix before i wrote my message to her, so I've cropped that out... 'tis HER card after all... suffice it to say I wished her a *sweet* birthday and then announced it was "TIME TO SHOP!"  I take my nieces to lunch and shopping for their birthdays - it's a great way to spend special time with them each year, and we always have a *great* time together.

Be sure to pop over to Hels' blog HERE to check out her card!  I can't wait to see what she's come up with!

have a great week!

~ ellen xx

5 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

I bet she loved it... tis a perfect card for a 16 year old! Loved the stashly bits we had to play with... was no hardship at all using the Stampotique stamps lol x
So, do you take your long-lost-sisters-from-England shopping for their birthday too? See you in June ROFL xx

Helen said...

Hey, groovy trousers (or pants if you prefer!)

Lori said...

Well done, and SO appropriate for that age! lol! I'm glad that's way behind me, although I would like to have my 16 year old skin back...

Juls said...

fab!!! I love the chain detail! Hugs Juls

Marijane said...

This card is just darling! What a great card for a 16 year old with attitude (something all 16 year old's have)! The chain is great!