Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I'm Getting A Little "Misty"

Hello!

As you can see from my title, this week is all about misting!  Tonight I worked on this tag for this week's Compendium of Curiosities Challenge, hosted by the fabulous Linda Ledbetter over on the StudioL3 blog - hop on over and check it out!


This week we're working on page 60 of Tim Holtz's book - click HERE if you've been living under a rock and want to check it out.  The technique is called Distress Misting Masks.  

I did the technique from the book, using Brushed Corduroy and Heirloom Gold, then added the perfect copper perfect pearl mist over top of that.  Inked over the fence area with crushed olive, forest moss and vintage photo DI's.  Then used a charcoal pencil to outline around the fence design to give it some depth and emphasis.  

On the right side, I used one of Tim's stamps and inked it up with forest moss, vintage photo, and aged mahogany DI's, spritzed it with water, then stamped - love the multi colored effect of watercolor stamping.  It doesn't show very well in the photo.... :(  Added the idea-ology bookplate with the "trust" ticket and smooshed over it with rock candy crackle paint. 


Then added a quick grunge-flower using Studio 490 stamps by THE Wendy Vecchi with a Maya Road resin blossom in the center.
The skeleton key is a real one... very old.... that my dear hubbie found for me at an antique store!  I got loads of them in my Christmas stocking this year!  He definitely knows how to make me happy!!!

Hope you enjoyed following along - thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,

~ ellen.

9 comments:

Sherry Goodloe said...

Niiiiiiice Ellen . . . really niiiiice :)

Juls said...

this is gorgeous!! Loving the colours you have used, and that flower is amazing!!! Hugs juls

Lori said...

Awesome tag, Ellen, I love that key! Doesn't every girl want rusty keys for Christmas?

Shelann said...

Nice tag and the keys were a great gift!

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous tag Ellen, love the colours you used!
Alison x
p.s. absolutely adored your tag I received in the Hels Angels swap! x

Shelly Hickox said...

Too, too gorgeous! Love the colors and the ticket in the frame is a fantastic idea!

MarleneMAZ said...

Great tag! love the flower and you did a lovely job with your misting.

Hels Sheridan said...

Lovely colours


LMAO


Seriosuly though... it is LUSH LUSH LUSHILY GORGEOUS!!! Loving the charcoal pencil idea.. just makes the mask really pop without it taking over... GENIUS!
Lotsa love xx

Linda Ledbetter said...

Okay, first off, your new avatar is gorgeous! You look like a model, Ellen!

Your misty tag is beautiful as well The colors are yummy and rich, and the Perfect Pearls give it that "Ooh la la" sexy shimmer. The flower is perfect (you can't go wrong with Ms. Vecchi!), and that key is a treasure. All-around magnificence, my dear. Which is, of course, what I see every time I visit your blog.