Thursday, January 27, 2011

Welcome to the new Stampotique Design Team!

Hi all!

This post is specifically directed to the brand spankin' new members of the Stampotique Design Team! I absolutely *adore* Stampotique stamps - tho' I must admit to a particular weakness and affection for the Daniel Torrente & Jill Penney designs... so quirky and funky and beautifully "ugly" (in the BEST sense), if you know what I mean.



I started with a *HUGE* shipping tag, manilla base and added peeled paint, wild honey, and vintage photo distress ink to the background.  Then stamped with various background stamps by Tim Holtz.  I especially love the brick wall - the stamp is actually quite small but it's so distressed that it's easy to repeat the stamp for a *seem*-ingly *seam*-less brick pattern... 

Then I stamped the three Stampotique images - Welcome Door, Twinkie (my all-time fav), and Mort on white cardstock, cut the images out, and did some watercoloring with distress inks.  I popped all three images up on the card front with Liquid Scrap Dots for lots of dimension, and stapled the door at the hinges with TH's Tiny Attacher. 



The "what is normal?" sentiment at the bottom was done on my DYMO labeler.  I love this because, really... what IS normal anyway?  Normal is relative to the group you're with.... and since these lovely little guys may be considered AB-normal in some groups.... well... not for me... I LOVE them! 



The greeting on the inside was stamped with individual type letters.

So I say a heart-felt Congratulations and Welcome to the new Design Team!  I can't wait to see your creations - I know I will be inspired by your art! 

Have a great day...

~ ellen xx

14 comments:

Faerielore said...

Hey Ellen, I LOVE your card !!!! so much work and love has gone into this one, its brilliant good luck xx

Kaz said...

What a fabulous card, thanks for joining us at Stampotique.

Juls said...

this is just brilliant! Love the bright colours! Hugs Juls

Hels Sheridan said...

FABULICIOUS card Ellen... you know how much I love Twinkie... he is one of my faves...well, they all are but... hey and thanks for saying I am normal... now that is unusual ROFL xx

Helen said...

Gorgeous card, what a great idea. I am with you and Hels - I love these stamps!!!

Minxy said...

Super card Ellen.. and Hels i don't think that comment was for you, it couldn't possibly be lol

Lori said...

Love this card, Ellen! And the sentiment is perfect with it...lol...

Lollyrot said...

''who is normal'' hhahahahahha GREAT! i love it! Thanks for playing over at Stampotique Designer’s Challenge

flutterbycrafter said...

Fabulous card, love the colours and of course the stamps you have chosen.

Basement Stamper said...

How cute is that? Love it! Best of luck and thanks for playing with us!

Jane Wetzel said...

lol ADORABLE!! :)

dutchstamptramp said...

Thanks for this warm welcom, your card is so gorgeous!

thekathrynwheel said...

Ohhhh! This is great :-) I love your choice of colours, and the sentiment cracks me up! Thanks for joining the challenge.

Nancy said...

The more I see of these stamps, the more they crack me up .. and tempt me. Great piece, Ellen!