Wednesday, January 12, 2011

WOYWW - I'm back!

Hello fellow crafty peeps!

It has been a few weeks since I joined in the fun of What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday (WOYWW) but I'm back!  Hop on over to Julia's blog if you'd like to play along!

Had a lovely long Christmas holiday - stayed home and played in my studio the whole time, which is just about as perfect as I can imagine... now it's back to work... back to the gym... back to reality.... and back to WOYWW!

This week, my desk is mostly full of leftover scraps and supplies from the projects I worked on over the holidays....


You can see my *art-spir-a-tion* book sitting on top next to the phone - worked on that over the weekend as part of the first "I Challenge Thee".... erm... challenge.... which Hels and I came up with during our weekly skype session!   Click HERE if you'd like to see the post with that project - I'm already loving this new book!  I'm sure we'll be doing these challenges again, so check back every so often if you want to play along.  No prizes.... just good inky fun....

Also wanted to share one of the *coolest* Christmas presents I got this year!  My dear hubbie found this for me at the antique store and I am in LOVE!


That tool caddy is the BEST, right?  It's got seven huge compartments in it - and I've got it stuffed with all my favorite pens, pencils, paint brushes, pearl pens, adhesives, tweezers, hold punches, gesso, glue glider, pliers, jute, and anything else I could stuff in!  And of course next to that is my most favorite stamps.... Studio 490... of course... with my other favs next to those.

Hope you're having a great day - thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,

~ ellen.

20 comments:

Jennie said...

ooh great caddy..I have a Kellogs one very similar to that for the little packets of cornflakes.. must go didg it out.. and borrow your idea :))
Happy Woywwing!
Hugs xx

Helen said...

Love the caddy, how useful. Your desk is looking good today!

Juls said...

so lovely to see your crafty space..such lovely toys and crafty things...it makes me want to come over and play! Hugs Juls

butlersabroad said...

Nice to see you back Ellen, thought you might have sneaked back off to England again! Great storage caddy your Hubby found, and you've made great use of it too!

Hugs
Brenda 99

Minxy said...

Aw what a nice hubby, the tool caddy is awesome, nice to have you back desk hopping and love the art book, Me and Alison quite often challenge each other on skype, it keeps the inspiration going when you have banter and laughs with a friend doesn't it.
Happy Wednesday
Minxy #2

Sussie said...

I love that Artspiration Book! Great idea!

Marjo said...

Ohh I love your tool caddy! Great project. Thanks for the peek and sharing, hugs Marjo #23 Happy WOYWW

Susan Allan said...

Oh yes I was reading about this on Hels' blog, now I know who you are. It is a really good idea to devise a project in that way.
Sue xx 67

Barbara Mason said...

Love that tool caddy--what a sweet husband!!! Have to check out the project you two dreamed up.
Barbara #124

——>Katie Bolinger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
——>Katie Bolinger said...

great book and love the boxes and baskets that you keep your stuff in.

Rhonda said...

How nice of your hubby to get you such a personalized gift...and an antique to boot! Very cool! Thanks for the snoop. Happy WOYWW! #11

Tertia said...

That tool caddy is the coolest. My hubby would have claimed it for himself.
Tertia 93

okienurse said...

lots of fun stuff. Love the baskets for storage.

Nicky said...

Love you space and that tool caddy is brilliant bet you had fun setting it all out as you wanted it ~ Nicky 45

Tracey Brossart said...

Love your storage and it looks like you've been very busy these past weeks.

Thanks for the peek! :D

♥Tracey♥...ƸӜƷ

Scrapcat 1 said...

it all looks very busy love the book

MaggieC said...

I love those pretty boxes on your desk.

Hels Sheridan said...

that tool caddy is FAB!!! Having seen in "live" on Skype I think it looks ever better full of stashly bits! Hey, you have the same phone as the one in the Room of Stash... *does the Twilight Zone tune* freaky!!! hugs hunny xxx

Kezzy said...

Lots of crafty goodness the journal looks fab