Wednesday, February 23, 2011

UK Wrap Up & ATC Swap

Hi everyone!

As you can tell I didn't have much of a chance to blog while I was over in the UK - too busy getting inky!  I'll have some pix to share of the project I worked on when it's all finished - few more things to do, so it may be the weekend before I get back to it. 

Anyway - we had a glorious crafty time together!  Saturday & Sunday were ALL about ART.  I bought some antique books here at home at an antique mart and took the covers over so we could play with them.  Hels finished her book yesterday - go over to her blog HERE and check out some sneak peaks.  I'm sure she'll do a full post about it soon.

I did get to see my first proper English supermarket - Morrisons - really not very different from ours, but the thing that cracked me up was they way they store the "trolleys" - shopping carts for all my US friends - they get locked together and you have to put in a coin or a 'trolley token' to get one out - when you return it you get your coin back.  Never seen that before.... here's a pic - for some reason I can't get it to rotate to give the proper view, but you get the idea....


And as we were walking through the aisles I came across these.... seeing as I'm from Maryland, I just HAD to take a picture, right?  Tacky tourist.... They taste like our Chips-Ahoy cookies - YUM!


Hels and I have started a monthly art swap so I wanted to share the ATC's I made for her in January.  We agreed to make 1 "Wendy" style, 1 "Tim" style, and one however we wanted....

Studio 490 by Wendy Vecchi stamps - Maya Road crochet trim, TH snap
Tim stamps & idea-ology, but design was inspired by Donna Downey's ATC Club
Ten Seconds Studio metal - TSS mold for base, Paper Artsy stamps for house & sentiment, TH key.
Have a great day - I'll have more to share soon.  Thanks for stopping by!

~ ellen.

7 comments:

Helen said...

Great atc's and i love your take on the supermarket! glad you got home safely.

Candybonita said...

Love your ATCs. I wanna play too!!!!!
Miss you Ellen, hope to see you real soon.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Sounds like you had a great trip, glad you enjoyed our supermarkets LOL. Fabulous ATC's. Tracy Evans x

Lori said...

Glad you had a wonderful trip, and your ATC's are awesome, love all three of them!

Hels Sheridan said...

they are even more gorgoues in the real too!! Can't believe it is a week since you were here!!! Had THE BEST time xx

Juls said...

wow!!!! these are all such fantabulous makes!! Hugs Juls

Minxy said...

Cool ATC's Ellen... as for the trolly tokens.. i think the only reason they do it now is coz so many used to just get pinched and then dumped in rivers and such.. sad but true!