Sunday, March 6, 2011

Paris....

Hello!

Yesterday I was SOOO excited to go to my LSS The Queen's Ink because all the new stamps and stash from Stampers Anonymous have arrived!  I've been waiting ever-so-patiently for them to come in, and now that they're here... I went a little.... NUTS!  I've been up to my elbows in ink ever since... here's the first of several creations coming over the next few days.... just had to break in these new stamps from Tim....


This is from the new Papillon set - love it!  I used the new distress stains for the background, putting the stains directly to the tag background and the spritzing heavily with water to let them bleed and blend together.  I went over the stains with distress inks afterwards to intensify the colors.


Stamped the french background and the numbers (from the Stuff To Say set) in walnut stain distress ink, and then brushed some rock candy crackle paint just over the word Paris.

The ornate frame and keyhole were distressed using black, juniper and blue cloud paint dabbers.


I've had this little eiffel tower charm forever, and this was the perfect use for it....


Hope you like it - I'll be sharing a few more projects over the next few days - new Wendy Vecchi stamps and Art Parts - LOVE!

Have a great week!

~ ellen.

7 comments:

Minxy said...

Beautiful Ellen, great colours, and i like the kinda verdigris effect on the metal :D

Dinky Pink said...

Lovely colours Ellen, I love the metal

Helen said...

What a great tag. I love the colours, and am going to have to break my stash ban to get some stains PDQ!

She said...

Hi Ellen, I LOVE your Tag, my very favouritist colours and my very favouritist place! S xx

flutterbycrafter said...

I just love this tag, it's wonderful, so much going on, just perfect

Hels Sheridan said...

gorrrrgeous dahrlink, those colours are lush! (winkwink) LOVE the use of the ickle charm clip too xx

Lori said...

Awesome Ellen! I do love how the stains bleed together, gorgeous backgrounds! New rubber, woohoo!