As you can tell - I've been have *tons* of fun playing and making cool stuff this week. My latest project uses some of the new Tim Holtz products! I was lucky to get ahold of the new sizzix die with the antique car (aka the 'old jalopy'), as well as some of the new stamps. Here we go!
I started by gluing some map paper over the entire tag, using a glue stick. I must tell you, I have re-discovered the glue stick.... I had thought for years that it was the *worst* option for adhering things, but have recently found out that it's actually quite a good adhesive for paper! Who knew? Anyway... I digress....
Then I cut the old jalopy out of grungeboard. I inked the car, and all the wheels in black soot distress ink, and the running boards and license plate in frayed burlap. Then I sanded all the edges of the black pieces with the sanding grip and re-inked the edges in frayed burlap, and added a tiny bit of Inka Gold over that for some shiny highlights. Then the pieces were all assembled. I thought it would be cool to have some windows in the car, which came in the form of mica pieces. Notice that the driver's window is actually half way down.... just a small detail... but every little bit helps....
The base of the sentiment is actually cut from the ornate frame die cut. I just snipped off all the curvy edges and was left with... basically... a really big ticket. Inked that with old paper distress ink, and then stamped the new map stamp in coffee archival ink over that, and then stamped an oldie but a goodie "the journey..." in jet black archival. I "popped" the "R" and the arrow with foam tape and attached to the tag with a mini clip.
I discovered that the number on the adage tickets would make a perfect license plate! A perfect fit. Knowing Tim it was all part of the master plan.... who knows.... it works for me.
And the other part of the adage ticket became a "sign" for the car. Needed to fill in some extra space so added a red heart coated with rock candy crackle paint. Now... confession time.... I had not planned to add the game spinner to the heart, but as I was heat drying the crackle paint (because I'm not patient enough to wait).... I got a BIG BUBBLE... OOPS.... time to cover it up! So.... add a game spinner - all fixed.... :D
Added a vintage key (I think from 7 Gypsies) and some ribbon trim, which I altered with the vintage photo distress stain - LOVE!
Et voila! Finished tag! Hope you enjoyed following along..... I have one more project to share tomorrow.... stay tuned!
Going out tonight to see the Celtic Woman show at an awesome theatre in Baltimore - will be a great show - we went last year, too and loved it. Hope you have a great evening.