Thursday, March 10, 2011

Studio 490 - Meant To Be

Hello!

This is the final project from my recent "spree" of creativity!  Here's another Studio 490 / Art Parts piece.  I started with the large square frame and covered the base and the frame in coordinating paper (by Queen Bee).  Sanded and inked the edges.  I knew that I wanted to use the new "Become who you were meant to be" stamp so stamped that in black archival ink.... however.... should have waited until I did the background.... had to improvise.  So I stamped the sentiment on a scrap and created a mask.


Then used Wendy's "perfect stamping" technique on the wheat/grass background stamp (Hero Arts) - basically, I inked the stamp with several colors of distress ink and then spritzed it with perfect pearl mist (heirloom gold), and then stamped onto the base of the project (over the mask of the sentiment).


Added a grungepaper butterfly, inked with bundled sage DI with a coat of rock candy distress stickles, and a tiny lock brad.  Added some black hemp for the antennae.

I wanted the piece to have some dimension, so I "stole" some dried grasses/wheat from a dry arrangement in my studio - decor becomes art!  Added the grasses to the base of the piece, and the stalk (?) of wheat to the frame.  Used Art Glitter Glue - worked great.

Adhered the frame to the base using multi medium matte. And, finally, added the STARS art parts piece, covered with paper from the same stack by Queen Bee, to the edge of the bottom of the frame - I also used multi medium for this. 


Hope you've enjoyed following along on my little surge of creative energy.  Life is taking over for the next few days so nothing new to share for a little while.  Hope everyone is having a great week - see you soon.

~ ellen.

18 comments:

Nancy said...

Ellen, this is GORGEOUS!! Love it! The papers are some of my absolute favs & Wendy's Art Parts - great combination!!

Helen said...

Both this and the previous work are both so lovely! I know Lovely is a really naff word, but they are!! Seems I need some more of Wendy's new stamps....!

Lori said...

Girl, you are SMOKIN' HOT! This is fantastic, and I have that stamp! Yeah! So...this would be perfect to put in the Challenge 4 folder on EWV...just sayin'. Your technique turned out great, I was doing it on the craft sheet (that sounds bad) but inking and spraying the stamp might actually work better. Well, apparently it does just looking at your piece. Would go great for Hels nature theme at Sunday Stamper too...just sayin'....

Hels Sheridan said...

Tell you what girlie, this is THE MOST DELISH piece ever... I LOVE IT!! And... I just have to say... it would look amazing just sitting above my desk in the Room of Stash ;o)) **nudge nudge, winkwink** Hey, THANKS for joining in with the Sunday Stamper... oooh and did I say... that Wheat stamp?? MY FAVE! xx

Dinky Pink said...

Lovely colours!

Sandra said...

beautiful! just saw your art on Wend Vecchi's blog - wonderful!
Sandra ltb

Lesley said...

I've had the most enjoyable 15 minutes reading through the blurb on all the fantastic pieces you've made the last few days.....every piece is amazing!!!
And as for your piece over on Wendy's blog.....well i really can't think of a word to describe to it!!! I LOVE it!!!

Lesley in the UK

Hels Sheridan said...

I just found your blog from THE Wendy Vecchi ;o)) xxxxxxx

Artyjen said...

Your piece on WV blog is divine!
What a creative time you are having ;)
xoxo Sioux

Julie said...

Really like the color scheme you used along with the Queen Bee paper! That is a lovely stamp image of wheat!!

SusanK said...

Over the top!

Wanda H said...

Saw your project on Wendy's blog. Way, WAY, totally awesome Fabulous!!!!!

Emma said...

I'm new to your blog and all I can say is...wow!! Your work is absolutely stunning and I can't wait to see more of it! Thank you for sharing...
Emma x

Barbara said...

I just discovered your blog through a link from Wendy. I'm so glad I did. Your artwork is amazing! I will definitely be visiting again!

Marilyn C. said...

I just found your website (thanks to Wendy V) and love love love it! You are so talented and such an inspiration. I can't wait to get to my studio and play.

funkycrafter said...

this project is great. i was going to comment a couple of days ago but got sidetracked looking at some other entries and did not get back. then today wv had your village on her site. it is so cool. would you consider showing it here too with a larger photo? all the closeups were nice. it would be great to see it all in a pic on that scale. thank you for showing us all your great projects. wish i could be a little shadow in the corner during one of your sessions with Hels in the room of stash. would be such fun.

Kirsten Alicia said...

I've just seen your village piece over at Wendy Vecchi's blog & I am so glad I came here. Your work is awesome & so beautiful.

Cher said...

hey there..just came from Wendys...your piece rocks woman! SOOOOOOOOOOOO DELISH! just wanted u to know I luv luv luv it! Thinkin u and Hels need to make Wendy cheerleader outfits lol... luvvvvvvvvvv!