Sunday, April 24, 2011

Art Parts Binder - Page 1

Hello!

As promised, I'm back to share the first couple pages from the Art Parts binder I finished yesterday. Click HERE to see the details if you missed yesterday's post....

All the pages were cut from chipboard (the backer boards from paper stacks are *perfect* for book pages), covered with paper from Tim's new Crowded Attic paper stash, reinforcers added to the holes for binder rings, the outside corners rounded with a Corner Chomper to match the book covers, and then wrapped tissue tape around all the edges.

Here's page 1 (front):


Started with color wash sprays in red pepper, meadow and butterscotch.  Let the colors run together & bleed, then blotted with paper towels, and repeated to intensify colors. 


Used letters from the Ransom alpha parts set to spell out "spring" - dabbed with Inka Gold (green) and then smudged with a little jet black archival ink (finger tips work well for this).  


Used the new mini rosette die to cut the rosette pattern from card stock.  Used 1 medium and 2 small rosettes, with vintage buttons threaded with hemp hot-glued as centers.  Stems are from a heavy jute, with book text leaves inked with peeled paint distress ink. 

Finished off this page with my all-to-frequently-and-recently-used-favorite technique.... (*drippage*).... just love using white airbrush paint, straight from the bottle, dripped from the top of the page and sprayed with water to bleed and run.  I like the fact that I never know exactly where the drips will go - and with this page, I love that it dripped over and around the elements that were already glued down.  Stay tuned.... more drippage to come in the following pages....

And on that note... here's page 1 (back):


Also started this page with color wash sprays - stream, butterscotch, and espresso.  As promised...more white drippage, but this time did the dripping before any other elements were glued down.   I've been *dying* to use the new umbrella man die, so started by gluing dictionary paper on grungeboard, and then ran it through the Vagabond.... whom I have named "Vivian".... she's fabulous!   Inked said man with brushed corduroy distress ink, with black soot around the edges for definition.


Cut the canvas heart with the movers & shapers die, sprayed with red pepper color wash, added "Believe" philosophy tag with lettering accented with snow white paint dabber. 


As chance would have it.... the dictionary page I used above actually had the word "umbrella" on it... and it was already mounted on grungeboard.... and it wasn't part of the umbrella man die-cutting... so I decided to cut it down and add it to the piece!  


Singin' in the rain was done on the DYMO labeler - quick way to say whatever you want!  Outlined each word with white gel pen.  Music notes were cut from sizzlits dies, black card stock, and given a layer of glossy accents.


There you have it.... 1 page down.... 3 more to go.... come back tomorrow to see what's next!

Thanks for stopping by - see you tomorrow!

~ ellen.

4 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

the photo's are good but nowhere near capturing just how awesome this book really is... seeing it on the Skype earlier.. WOW!! Tis LUSHLY!! xx

She said...

Gorgoeus, I LOVE Umbrella Man :-) S x

Helen said...

So glad the link to this post is working now, I tried it yesterday and got the covers again (though they are fab!) These pages ROCK!

Wanda H said...

Totally LOVE these pages!!! Love the drippies... I have to try that!!! Awesome!!!!