Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Art Parts Binder - Page 3

Hey there,
I'm starting to really get excited.... I've been following along so closely with Hels' excitement about going to Ranger U that I practically feel like I'm going, too!  Granted, if I'm really lucky, I may get a very short sneak peak at the very end of it when I go to pick up Hels, but let's face it, it's really not the same thing.... but even so.... I'm so excited!

Back to our regularly scheduled programming..... continuing on with the Art Parts Binder....
Before I get into the details.... let me just say... I am in LOVE with Dylusions stamps!  If you don't know about them... here's the scoop.  They are designed by Dyan Reavely and manufactured by Stampers Anonymous (same as Tim Holtz & Wendy Vecchi's stamps).  Dyan owns Art From The Heart in the UK and is best known for her art journal work.  Her style is eclectic, funky, bright and I love it!  This is my first Dylusions page....we're up to page three.... here's the front...


Started with color wash sprays - meadow, stream and butterscotch.  Then used the leafy vine border stamp across the bottom of the page, the birds flying across the top, and the hand-stitched border around the edges.  All Dylusions stamps. 


Add some prima flowers from my ever-growing flower stash... I keep telling myself that I do not need any more flowers... I've got more flowers than any 5 people need, yet when I see beautiful new designs I just can't say no... do you have that problem?


Sketched around the outline of each leaf with a white gel pen.  Dyan's stamps are so versatile - I did this whole page with just 3 stamps, and could have done it with two... gotta love it.

Moving on to the flip side - here page 3 (back):


Once again, started with color wash... this time, butterscotch, espresso, and red pepper.   Then used a glimmer screen and white paint dabber to outline the tree. 

 
Added some beaded trim to the top and some Maya Road crochet/pom-pom trim.  Found this quote while doing my canvas album / bucket book, all about travel and really liked it.  This particular tree makes me think of Africa, so the travel quote seemed to fit.


And of course.... the "Artist" stamp... One of my favorite "Tim" stamps.  Stamped on manila card stock, accented with distress ink, and mounted it on corrugated cardboard.  Instant embellishment.

The pictures don't show it well, but I painted the entire background (except for the tree) with a thin layer of rock candy crackle paint.  It really makes the colors more vibrant.

Tomorrow I'll be back with the 4th and final page - hope you stop by to see it.  Have a great day!

~ ellen.

7 comments:

Helen said...

Another stunner, Ellen. (was trying to call you Hels, then!) You've obviously been in my prima stash - cos no, I can't resist them either. Wonder when I'll use them all....

Hels Sheridan said...

Prima? ooh yesh, two drawers full... you know we both have a floral "issue" rofl
LOVE this page... the colours really pop in the real that doesn't show in the pics.. hey, tis only 5 days to go now... whooothoot!!! xx

Laura said...

YUM YUM YUM these pages are soooo stunning, and i agree prima flowers are so gorgeous, loving the pom pom ribbon xxxx

Wendy said...

Hi Ellen...........I love this, soooo pretty

Lori said...

Wonderful, wonderful! Those Dylusions are fun! I might be persuaded to buy some...lol...really great work Ellen, can't wait to see the next!

She said...

Beautiful page Ellen. Love Dyan's 'stuff' and I have a real weakness for Primas :-)You have used my very favourite colors on the back of the page......gorgeous. :-) Have a great time with Hels. x

Wanda H said...

Gorgeous pages!!! Yes, I have the very same problem with flowers... I'm a flower junkie... I probably have more than enough for 10 people... and lately I've been making my own flowers a lot... much to my hubby's amazement... his words... "you have all these flowers and then you make your own!!!" What can I say, lolol!!!