Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Art Parts Binder - Page 4 and Summary

Hello all....

Today I'll share the last page of my art parts binder.  I had a lot of fun making this, and hope you've enjoyed following along.  In case you missed the other posts here are some links....


As with all the other pages, I started by covering the chipboard pages with paper from Tim's new Crowded Attic paper stash, wrapping the edges with tissue tape, adding Tim's reinforcers to the binder holes, and laying a base of color using Ranger Color Wash sprays.

Here's page 4 (front):


Background:  color wash sprays in stream, meadow, espresso and butterscotch.  Added white "drippage" with white airbrush paint by Golden.

Then ran the new weathered clock die through "Vivian" (my Vagabond.... LOVE!) using grungeboard, painted with black paint dabber and added gold accents over the black with the gold paint dabber (smudged some onto the craft sheet and used my finger).  Did same for hands of clock.


Added the main portion of the clock to the corner, and the remaining parts of the clock to other places on the page.

Used the art parts bookplates (small) for the sentiment.  Painted the frame with gold paint dabber and added black accents by using my finger and the jet black archival ink pad.  Covered the center of the frame with manila card stock, sprayed with meadow and stream color wash, and stamped the sentiment in jet black archival ink.


And, finally, here is page 4 (back):


This time, I started with color wash in red pepper, butterscotch and meadow, added white drippage (heavily sprayed with water to spread, run and DRIP).  Then I used distress stain in peeled paint, walnut stain, and barn door to create the splatters.  I first saw this done over on Hels' blog and it's a great effect! 

Added the art parts hand, painted with red paint dabber and added the "handmade", which I stamped on manila card stock and distressed with antique linen distress ink.


I added the lock with some dictionary paper behind it (and yes.... I'm a big Twilight fan... hence "Eclipse").


And then added the 10:36 art letters in grungeboard (from the alphabet soup set), inked with vintage photo distress stain, and then melted wax pellets over the background.  It didn't show up as much as I hoped it would, but it was my first play with beeswax, so... live & learn.... I'll be trying it again though!


Hope you've enjoyed my art parts binder.  All the supplies used can be found on-line in the US at Simon Says Stamp or eclectic Paperie, in the UK from LB Crafts or Art From The Heart, and if you live locally in the Baltimore Washington area, at The Queen's Ink

Thanks again to Tim Holtz & Wendy Vecchi for putting their inspiring ideas together!  Go make some awesome art! 

See you soon!

~ ellen.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

LoveLoveLOVE this entire piece, Ellen! It's BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Lori said...

So cool, Ellen! Love each and every page, what a labor of love!

Helen said...

Well done you, it all looks fantastic. Have a great time when Hels arrives!

Wanda H said...

More wonderful pages!!!! Your whole book is Amazing!!!!!!!!!!! Totally love it!!!!

Kirsten Alicia said...

That is an amazing, beautiful, gorgeous & stunning journal. I love every page & have enjoyed pouring over all the fab details.